Re: [JIGG] JIGG members please check in!

  • Gregory McCallum
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 1 2:03 AM
      Tokyo
      interests:
      board games(adv. civ, settlers, rail games, axis, and
      any others besides adv. squad leader)
      blood bowl!
      magic
      --- Michael Montesa <warhed@...> wrote:
      > As recently suggested, I'd like to do a head count
      > of JIGG List members via
      > e-mail.
      >
      > There are I suspect, many dead e-mail addresses and
      > I'd like to try and
      > clean up the list as best I can.
      >
      > All you have to do when you get this message is hit
      > reply, include include
      > your current location and list your gaming
      > interests, and send it back to
      > the List. I'll use this info to build up a database
      > of JIGG member info,
      > which I'll compile and send out to everyone.
      >
      > PLEASE let me know if you are still out there and
      > wish to be counted on the
      > JIGG List. I'll set up a filter in my mailbox to
      > catch your message.
      >
      > I realize some of you may be quite busy, or only
      > read your email
      > infrequently on the website. The deadline for
      > replying back will be Auust
      > 1st, two months, which should allow ample time for a
      > response.
      >
      > I'll keep posting reminders and occasionally
      > reposting this message until
      > the deadline. If I haven't received a response from
      > you by then, I'll send
      > the message out one last time before I delete your
      > email address.
      >
      > If you are signed on to the JIGG List with more than
      > one email address,
      > just let me know which extra addresses you use and
      > whether or not you wish
      > to keep them active.
      >

      > * - Welcome to Tokyo! A great place
      > * to drink and smoke! -
      > *
      > * Mike Montesa
      > * warhed@...

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Alex Boyd
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 1 4:03 AM
        G'day all,

        I'm still alive and kicking.

        Name: Alex Boyd
        Location: Musashi-Koganei, Tokyo
        E-mail: adboyd@...
        Gaming Interests: Mainly RPGs, especially playing/running Storyteller (V:tM,
        KotE, WW:tA, M:tA), but anything really.
        Days-off: Wednesday & Thursday :(

        Cheers,
        Alex.
        --
        Alex Boyd
        Tokyo, Japan
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 1 6:20 AM
          Dear JIGGers,
          Okay, I'm standing up and being counted:

          Name: Cameron Eeles
          Location: Shinjuku
          Gaming Interests: Pretty much RPGs *only*. Although I am partial to
          the odd board game or war game if it's not so rules intensive and has
          a good dynamic (I've got a copy of Avalon Hill's "Blackbeard!" which
          I think is a lot of fun ... I've also got "Kingmaker" which is also
          fun ...).
          As for RPGs, I'm *particularly* into:
          *Vampire
          *Cthulhu
          *Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
          *Cyberpunk
          But if a game has a good story, I'm perfectly willing to give it
          a go. I've had a bash at pretty much everything from S.F. to Horror
          to Fantasy, so I don't have any prejudices about any games. That
          said, as you've probably gathered, I'd jump at the chance to do any
          Horror / DarkFantasy games.
          Hey, it's just the way I'm wired.
          (Oh, and I've got pretty much all the CDs you need to for
          Horror / DarkFantasy sessions, as the people I've gamed with on this
          list can tell you!)

          Sorry, no card games.

          Days Off: Friday and Sunday.
          Email: ceeles@...
        • Emily Bingham
          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 1 8:36 AM
            I'm here!

            location: California for the summer, then NC. Either way, not Japan.

            intrests: Most any. Haven't gotten to game much since JIGG. *sigh* zannen
            ne...

            -Emily
            http://www.acidrefluxcomic.com

            >As recently suggested, I'd like to do a head count of JIGG List members via
            >e-mail.
            >
            >There are I suspect, many dead e-mail addresses and I'd like to try and
            >clean up the list as best I can.
            >
            >All you have to do when you get this message is hit reply, include include
            >your current location and list your gaming interests, and send it back to
            >the List. I'll use this info to build up a database of JIGG member info,
            >which I'll compile and send out to everyone.
            >
            >PLEASE let me know if you are still out there and wish to be counted on the
            >JIGG List. I'll set up a filter in my mailbox to catch your message.
            >
            >I realize some of you may be quite busy, or only read your email
            >infrequently on the website. The deadline for replying back will be Auust
            >1st, two months, which should allow ample time for a response.
            >
            >I'll keep posting reminders and occasionally reposting this message until
            >the deadline. If I haven't received a response from you by then, I'll send
            >the message out one last time before I delete your email address.
            >
            >If you are signed on to the JIGG List with more than one email address,
            >just let me know which extra addresses you use and whether or not you wish
            >to keep them active.
            >

            > * - Welcome to Tokyo! A great place
            > * to drink and smoke! -
            > *
            > * Mike Montesa
            > * warhed@...

          • S.
            Message 5 of 29 , Jun 1 9:06 AM
              Sam Brown

              Current Location: Atlanta, Ga. USA

              Interests:
              RPGs
              Boardgames
              Computer Games, all
              Minis Gaming (WH40k, Necromunda, Heavy Gear)
              CCGs
              MMORPGs (Looking foward to Neverwinter Nights)
              Game Design

              in other words, the whole gamut.
            • Daniel Schmitt
              Message 6 of 29 , Jun 1 5:06 PM
                Alex Boyd,
                Don't mean to be pushy or anything, but if you're into the White Wolf thing,
                is there any possibility of hooking up? I don't know Tokyo well, so could
                you explain where you are a little better for me?
                Daniel
              • Stan!
                Message 7 of 29 , Jun 2 1:35 AM
                  >All you have to do when you get this message is hit reply, include include
                  >your current location and list your gaming interests, and send it back to
                  >the List. I'll use this info to build up a database of JIGG member info,
                  >which I'll compile and send out to everyone.

                  Name: Stan! (aka Steven Brown)
                  Location: Renton, WA USA
                  email: stan@...
                  homepage: http://stannex.com
                  Interests: * RPGs in general, especially: SAGA, D&D 3E, Bushido,
                  Villains & Vigilantes, Fudge, Sengoku, Teenagers From Outer Space, Bureau 13
                  * Board Games
                  * Magic the Gathering (occasionally and at a very casual level)

                  http://stannex.com ... Home of All Things Stan!

                  "Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around." - Henry Thoreau
                • Walter Krumholz
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jun 2 5:44 AM
                    I'm still here, but gaming has mostly taken a back seat to fatherhood. Still, I will try to get to some meetings when my son is otherwise occupied.

                    Location: Maginu (near Miyazakidai station) in Kawasaki
                    Games: Warhammer Fantasy. Middle-earth (card game), will try most board games,

                    Walter Krumholz

                    Message 9 of 29 , Jun 2 9:46 AM
                      > Name: Casey Willis

                      > Location: currently in Georgia but will be in Akaike
                      (near Nagoya) as of July 6th

                      > email: casey_in_japan@...

                      > Interests: 40K, Necromunda

                      I've already talked to Eric Brown and he has got me
                      excited about the prospect of gaming in Nagoya. Will
                      Nagoya become the future hotbed of 40K? Let's hope
                      so.

                      Message 10 of 29 , Jun 2 10:03 PM

                        Hello,

                        I`m in Osaka and I`m up for playing  Magic.

                        Stephen.

                        >From: Michael Montesa
                        >To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [JIGG] JIGG members please check in!
                        >Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 23:52:47 +0900
                        >
                        >As recently suggested, I'd like to do a head count of JIGG List members via
                        >e-mail.
                        >
                        >There are I suspect, many dead e-mail addresses and I'd like to try and
                        >clean up the list as best I can.
                        >
                        >All you have to do when you get this message is hit reply, include include
                        >your current location and list your gaming interests, and send it back to
                        >the List. I'll use this info to build up a database of JIGG member info,
                        >which I'll compile and send out to everyone.
                        >
                        >PLEASE let me know if you are still out there and wish to be counted on the
                        >JIGG List. I'll set up a filter in my mailbox to catch your message.
                        >
                        >I realize some of you may be quite busy, or only read your email
                        >infrequently on the website. The deadline for replying back will be Auust
                        >1st, two months, which should allow ample time for a response.
                        >
                        >I'll keep posting reminders and occasionally reposting this message until
                        >the deadline. If I haven't received a response from you by then, I'll send
                        >the message out one last time before I delete your email address.
                        >
                        >If you are signed on to the JIGG List with more than one email address,
                        >just let me know which extra addresses you use and whether or not you wish
                        >to keep them active.
                        >

                        > * - Welcome to Tokyo! A great place
                        > * to drink and smoke! -
                        > *
                        > * Mike Montesa
                        > * warhed@...

                      • MUKADE
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jun 3 8:03 AM
                          Checking in:

                          Lee Carragher - 30 yrs

                          Fujinomiya - East end of Shizuoka-ken

                          Games - I haven't played since I was 17. I recently started painting
                          minis.

                          I'll play anything but I'm not really interested in huge wargames. I
                          play Shogun on the net if I want a large scale battle - much less
                          fiddling around.

                          Has anyone out there played Mordheim? A small skirmish gam maybe more
                          up my street.

                          I used to GM for Cuthulu and MERP. My favourite was Warhammer FRPG
                          though. If anyone is close by and wants to try the finest British RPG
                          then give me a reason to buy the manual.

                          Lee.
                        • Rae Neil
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jun 5 2:05 AM
                            Hey y'all (at least those that remeber me :P)

                            I'm in London at the moment (gaming less than I did in Tokyo!! :( ) but I
                            should be back in Japan sometime next year for a bit, so keep me posted.

                            My gaming interests extend to just about anything - roleplaying, LARP, war
                            games, historical reenactment, certain card games etc.

                            Preferences for each would be WW Worlds of Darkness stuff (Vampire etc.
                            when they are done Preacher style, not pretenious and gothic :P), Larp-wise
                            Vampire and Cyberpunk (though I think that a deadlands LARP would be a
                            hoot), war games: miniature wargames I still prefer fantasy battle 3rd
                            edition with limited magic, boardgame wise Diplomacy is still a favourite,
                            Historical reenactment stuff consists of trying desperatly to blugeon Jay's
                            brain out when i get the chance *smiles innocently* and card games I still
                            play are Jyhad (or VTES, whatever :P), Dune, Illuminati and Bab 5

                            Sorry I don't contribute too much these days - work, work, work

                            Neil