Re: [JIGG] The bad penny returns

  • tony dolan
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2001
      Jay,
      I have been weak. Chastise me!
      Tony

      >From: Dan Panamaroff <panamar@...>
      >To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [JIGG] The bad penny returns
      >Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 23:13:34 -0700
      >
      >Way to go Jay!!! You tell 'em!!!
      >
      >DYP
      >
      >--
      >You should listen to your heart,
      >not the voices in your head.
      >
      >www.acidrefluxcomic.com
      >

      >Jay Noyes wrote:
      > >
      > > What's all this whiny, no-load crap I'm hearing about JIGG?
      > >
      > > "Nobody shows up!" they say.
      > > "You're better off doing house gaming!" they say.
      > > "Is it JIGG or TIGG?" they say.
      > >
      > > Bullshiyit.
      > >
      > > JIGG will never die. JIGG is eternal. To say otherwise is to dishonor my
      > > beloved JIGG, and _nobody_ dishonors my beloved JIGG.
      > >
      > > I can see right now that things have been slack in my absence. Where is
      >the
      > > fire? Where is the burning obsession? Has all that card flopping
      >weakened
      > > your wrists and taken the lead out of your pencil?
      > >
      > > Brethren, I'm here today to spread the word: I have heard your cries.
      >You
      > > have been weakened and corrupted by the false, misleading shortages:
      >There
      > > is _always_ enought time swing the sword. There is _always_ enough money
      > > buy books.. It is _never_ too far to game.
      > >
      > > Brothers and Sisters, I come. In only ten days I will walk among you and
      > > spread the good word of the holy JIGG. Dice will roll. Strategies will
      >be
      > > planned. Tactics will be executed. All true gamers will scream with
      > > thrilling victory; no-load, limp wristed, card-flopping, pansie-assed
      > > whiners will whimper in abject defeat.
      > >
      > > For three weeks, I will walk among you. We will game, and it will be
      >good.
      > >
      > > Jay

    • Michael Montesa
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2001
        >For three weeks, I will walk among you. We will game, and it will be good.
        >
        >Jay

        Hallelujah! Can I get a witness!?

        Speak on brother, speak on!

        When are you getting here, my man? Dates? Times?

        * - Welcome to Tokyo! A great place
        * to drink and smoke! -
        *
        * Mike Montesa
        * warhed@...
      • Nagochan@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2001
          Hello Jay, this is Yuji. I'm just missing your Cthulhu session!

          So, you heard our cries. So, if you'd like to punish those of
          our cries, one thing that you can do is to summon the Great
          Cthulhu, our Lord. Otherwise, you may be invited to the great
          dungeon of the Warlock at the Firetop Mountain.

          Also, as for "JIGG or TIGG" comment, I may have a chance to
          go to my father's farmhouse in Yokaichiba during one of these
          coming weekends. Yokaichiba is only 30 min. drive from
          Narita. So, a few of us may discuss about meeting in there
          when I'll have the next chance to go to Yokaichiba.

          Yuji

        • warhed@twics.com
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2001
            --- In JIGG@y..., Nagochan@a... wrote:

            > So, you heard our cries. So, if you'd like to punish those of
            > our cries, one thing that you can do is to summon the Great
            > Cthulhu, our Lord. Otherwise, you may be invited to the great
            > dungeon of the Warlock at the Firetop Mountain.

            I always knew this was a cult! Cthulhu F'thagn!
          • Timothy Feeley
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2001
              Hello,

              I'm a new JIGG member and a long time Advanced
              civilization player. I'd love to join, if there is
              room. I prefer 7 player, no expanded board games, and
              I don't particularly like small games, but let me know
              if it's workable.

              My name is Tim, and I live in Saitama, about an hour
              outside of Ikebukuro or Kichijoji. I'm willing to
              travel. Let me know please.

              Thank you,

              Tim

            • Jay Noyes
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2001
                Say, when does "The Mummy Returns" come out in Japan?

                It sounds like a good group movie.

                Jay
              • Daniel Schmitt
                Message 7 of 10 , May 2, 2001
                  This is Daniel in Narita, and I would like to be so bold as to volunteer
                  myself for participation in games or meetings occuring a mere 30 minutes
                  drive from my town. With your kind permission of course. I'd love to get
                  the chance to play, and if need be will GM some RPGs.
                  Thank you,
                  Daniel