Re: December Location-RSVP

  • Paul Kreutzer
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
      How about a JIGG meeting December 17th? I have a meeting space available in
      Roppongi for Sunday afternoon, Dec. 17th. It's a community hall on the US
      Embassy compound where I live. It can be rented for a few thou yen but I'll
      need to know how many players are interested. Here some info on the site:

      Time: Sunday Dec. 17, 12:00-6:00 p.m. (is this too close to the end of the
      year for gaming commitments?)
      Address: US Embassy Compound (Amerika Taishikan Shukusha),
      Roppongi 2-chome 1-1, Minato-ku.
      Location: The site occupies most of Roppongi 2-chome; it is close to the
      Roppongi and Akasaka subway stations. The building is called "Daly Hall"
      near the compound's Roppongi/Grew Gate.
      Facility: an average open meeting hall. Lots of tables (6-8).

      + Advantages: close to downtown Tokyo; inexpensive.

      - Disadvantages: not convenient to on-site "kombini"- best to bring your own
      or order pizza. Soda machines are nearby. Also, I'll need to know in
      advance how many peole are likely to come, as this affects access to the
      site and also the size of room/cost (if it only is about 10 people, we can
      use a smaller room Free).
      Please reply directly to me at:
      paul_kr@...
      I'll need an idea on how many are definitely interested by Nov. 9 to confirm
      the room reservation/deposit.

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Michael Montesa
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
        >How about a JIGG meeting December 17th? I have a meeting space available in
        >Roppongi for Sunday afternoon, Dec. 17th. It's a community hall on the US
        >Embassy compound where I live. It can be rented for a few thou yen but I'll
        >need to know how many players are interested. Here some info on the site:

        Paul,

        I don't know if I can go or not, but the embassy compound is a pretty good
        place for a meet. We had a JIGG meet there about 6 years ago, and as I
        recall, it was one of the more posh places we've been to (comparitively
        speaking).

        I'd say go for it and then plug the meet mercilessly here to get people to
        show (and don't forget the map!). If you do set it up, I'll put it on the
        eGroups calender and set it to automatically remind everyone as the day
        approaches.

        Mike

        * - Welcome to Tokyo! A great place
        * to drink and smoke! -
        *
        * Mike Montesa
        * warhed@...
      • micand@tkb.att.ne.jp
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
          I'm on for it. Cheers.

          Andrew Welford
        • Nagochan@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
            Hello, this is Yuji.

            That's nice to see. I couldn't go to the last Todoroki thing,
            because I caught a bad cold (and it's still lasting a bit).

            Also, that place sounds like the place where Good Gamers
            Group and JIGG met first. So if it is settled, I'll let some
            of them know about it.

            Yuji
          • Selby Thorpe