Hi Everyone

  • michaelstacey93
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
      Hello there. My name's Michael and I'm new to this group. I've come here with a little problem and am seeking advice. I recently purchased the Starcraft board game online, and while the item image was the English edition, the version that has arrived on my doorstep is in German. Naturally this has rather annoyed me. Does anyone know of a store in Japan that buys used games, or in this case still sealed but unwanted ones and if they'd be willing to buy a German game? The only other option is to try and contact the seller and see if I can arrange a refund but that will take a lot of messing around, and probably cost me a fortune in shipping charges.

      If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful.
      Thanks for all your help and I look forward to talking everyone here some more in the future.

      Thanks again.
      Mike
    • Goran Topic
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
        On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM, michaelstacey93
        <michaelstacey93@...> wrote:

        > Hello there. My name's Michael and I'm new to this group. I've come here with a little problem and am seeking advice. I recently purchased the Starcraft board game online, and while the item image was the English edition, the version that has arrived on my doorstep is in German. Naturally this has rather annoyed me. Does anyone know of a store in Japan that buys used games, or in this case still sealed but unwanted ones and if they'd be willing to buy a German game? The only other option is to try and contact the seller and see if I can arrange a refund but that will take a lot of messing around, and probably cost me a fortune in shipping charges.

        Hey, and welcome to the group. I am not familiar with a used game
        store, but if you have patience (and storage space, StarCraft is a
        bitch of a box), there's Tokyo Table Game Festival or Tokyo Game
        Market, or whatever it's called, which happens I think twice a year (I
        believe March or April is next..?) where people sell used games. I
        have never been myself, always something else got in the way :)
        However, the chances are rather slim: StarCraft is a language-heavy
        game, and Japanese gamers, in general, don't play those (not even
        English ones, let alone German) unless they're translated (usually by
        way of stickers, and a printed-out rulebook translation). I don't know
        if the translation exists for StarCraft, nor where you might be able
        to obtain it.

        Goran