Looking for Wargamers in the Kanto area!

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hello JIGGites!

      I wanted to throw out an invite to everyone from our yahoo group 'Wargamers in Japan'.

      We're a small group that has been growing over the years but it's always good to do some extra recruiting as the situation for most of us here is very fluid and people tend to come and go.

      Most of our members are signed up to JIGG as well but tend to only play wargames so we haven't been to many events.

      As for what games we play. Here are the most popular.

      - Warhammer (both Fantasy and 40K)
      - Flames of War
      - Warmachine / Hordes
      - AT-43
      - Full Thrust (obscure Space Fleet wargame)

      There are others but these are the ones that see the most action. We are open to trying new games so don't be shy about what you want to play.

      Lastly, we are a very casual group and don't make a lot of fuss about WYSIWYG so even if you don't have the right models (or any models for that matter) you're still invited to come down and try things out!

      Here is the link for our group, please feel to come by and check us out!

      Thanks for reading!

      -Keith
    • Nick Schutgens
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2010
        Hi Keith and others,

        Thanks for the information. I'd like to add that I have been hauling my board wargames to the Mejiro Monthly gameday ever since it started. They don't get played often (as the majority of the participants do not like wargames that much) but there is definitely a possibility to play wargames at the Mejiro gameday!

        So fellow wargamers: Unite and join me in Mejiro! ;)

        Nick S

        To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2010
          Is there space to play there?

          ________________________________
          > To: jigg@yahoogroups.com
          > From: atsuidesne@...
          > Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:58:22 +0000
          > Subject: RE: [JIGG] Looking for Wargamers in the Kanto area!
          >

          > Hi Keith and others,
          >
          > Thanks for the information. I'd like to add that I have been hauling my
          > board wargames to the Mejiro Monthly gameday ever since it started.
          > They don't get played often (as the majority of the participants do not
          > like wargames that much) but there is definitely a possibility to play
          > wargames at the Mejiro gameday!
          >
          > So fellow wargamers: Unite and join me in Mejiro! ;)
          >
          > Nick S
          >
          > ________________________________
          > To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com
          > From: kbuatti333@...
          > Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 05:07:59 +0000
          > Subject: [JIGG] Looking for Wargamers in the Kanto area!
          >

          > Hello JIGGites!
          >
          > I wanted to throw out an invite to everyone from our yahoo group
          > 'Wargamers in Japan'.
          >
          > We're a small group that has been growing over the years but it's
          > always good to do some extra recruiting as the situation for most of us
          > here is very fluid and people tend to come and go.
          >
          > Most of our members are signed up to JIGG as well but tend to only play
          > wargames so we haven't been to many events.
          >
          > As for what games we play. Here are the most popular.
          >
          > - Warhammer (both Fantasy and 40K)
          > - Flames of War
          > - Warmachine / Hordes
          > - AT-43
          > - Full Thrust (obscure Space Fleet wargame)
          >
          > There are others but these are the ones that see the most action. We
          > are open to trying new games so don't be shy about what you want to
          > play.
          >
          > Lastly, we are a very casual group and don't make a lot of fuss about
          > WYSIWYG so even if you don't have the right models (or any models for
          > that matter) you're still invited to come down and try things out!
          >
          > Here is the link for our group, please feel to come by and check us out!

          > Thanks for reading!
          >
          > -Keith

        • Keith
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2010
            Hey Nick!

            Thanks for the info. From all the posts I had assumed you guys only played board games.

            I'll let the group know that Mejiro is an option.

            What do you play BTW?

            -Keith

            --- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, chris zanella <themrcz@...> wrote:

            > Is there space to play there?
            >
            > ________________________________
            > > To: jigg@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: atsuidesne@...
            > > Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:58:22 +0000
            > > Subject: RE: [JIGG] Looking for Wargamers in the Kanto area!
            > >

            > > Hi Keith and others,
            > >
            > > Thanks for the information. I'd like to add that I have been hauling my
            > > board wargames to the Mejiro Monthly gameday ever since it started.
            > > They don't get played often (as the majority of the participants do not
            > > like wargames that much) but there is definitely a possibility to play
            > > wargames at the Mejiro gameday!
            > >
            > > So fellow wargamers: Unite and join me in Mejiro! ;)
            > >
            > > Nick S
            > >
            > > ________________________________
            > > To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: kbuatti333@...
            > > Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 05:07:59 +0000
            > > Subject: [JIGG] Looking for Wargamers in the Kanto area!
            > >

            > > Hello JIGGites!
            > >
            > > I wanted to throw out an invite to everyone from our yahoo group
            > > 'Wargamers in Japan'.
            > >
            > > We're a small group that has been growing over the years but it's
            > > always good to do some extra recruiting as the situation for most of us
            > > here is very fluid and people tend to come and go.
            > >
            > > Most of our members are signed up to JIGG as well but tend to only play
            > > wargames so we haven't been to many events.
            > >
            > > As for what games we play. Here are the most popular.
            > >
            > > - Warhammer (both Fantasy and 40K)
            > > - Flames of War
            > > - Warmachine / Hordes
            > > - AT-43
            > > - Full Thrust (obscure Space Fleet wargame)
            > >
            > > There are others but these are the ones that see the most action. We
            > > are open to trying new games so don't be shy about what you want to
            > > play.
            > >
            > > Lastly, we are a very casual group and don't make a lot of fuss about
            > > WYSIWYG so even if you don't have the right models (or any models for
            > > that matter) you're still invited to come down and try things out!
            > >
            > > Here is the link for our group, please feel to come by and check us out!

            > > Thanks for reading!
            > >
            > > -Keith

          • Nick Schutgens
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2010
              Hi Keith,

              If with wargames you mean miniature wargames, we will need to make additional arrangements. But I know it is within the realm of the possible, just need to talk this over with Jay (proprietor of Tintagel).

              As for boardgames, I own:
              Conflict of Heroes
              PQ-17
              Combat Commander
              Commands & Colors: ancients
              Napoleon's Triumph
              Hellenes

              These are well suited to the gameday I think
              Paths of glory is too long for the gameday.

              I encourage wargamers to check out the gameday in Mejiro. If you intend to come, drop me a line and I'll make sure to bring a particular game (of course you can always bring your own game),

              Nick S

              To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com
              From: kbuatti333@...
              Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 09:50:51 +0000
              Subject: [JIGG] Re: Looking for Wargamers in the Kanto area!

              Hey Nick!

              Thanks for the info. From all the posts I had assumed you guys only played board games.

              I'll let the group know that Mejiro is an option.

              What do you play BTW?

              -Keith

              --- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, chris zanella <themrcz@...> wrote:

              > Is there space to play there?
              >
              > ________________________________
              > > To: jigg@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: atsuidesne@...
              > > Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:58:22 +0000
              > > Subject: RE: [JIGG] Looking for Wargamers in the Kanto area!
              > >

              > > Hi Keith and others,
              > >
              > > Thanks for the information. I'd like to add that I have been hauling my
              > > board wargames to the Mejiro Monthly gameday ever since it started.
              > > They don't get played often (as the majority of the participants do not
              > > like wargames that much) but there is definitely a possibility to play
              > > wargames at the Mejiro gameday!
              > >
              > > So fellow wargamers: Unite and join me in Mejiro! ;)
              > >
              > > Nick S
              > >
              > > ________________________________
              > > To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: kbuatti333@...
              > > Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 05:07:59 +0000
              > > Subject: [JIGG] Looking for Wargamers in the Kanto area!
              > >

              > > Hello JIGGites!
              > >
              > > I wanted to throw out an invite to everyone from our yahoo group
              > > 'Wargamers in Japan'.
              > >
              > > We're a small group that has been growing over the years but it's
              > > always good to do some extra recruiting as the situation for most of us
              > > here is very fluid and people tend to come and go.
              > >
              > > Most of our members are signed up to JIGG as well but tend to only play
              > > wargames so we haven't been to many events.
              > >
              > > As for what games we play. Here are the most popular.
              > >
              > > - Warhammer (both Fantasy and 40K)
              > > - Flames of War
              > > - Warmachine / Hordes
              > > - AT-43
              > > - Full Thrust (obscure Space Fleet wargame)
              > >
              > > There are others but these are the ones that see the most action. We
              > > are open to trying new games so don't be shy about what you want to
              > > play.
              > >
              > > Lastly, we are a very casual group and don't make a lot of fuss about
              > > WYSIWYG so even if you don't have the right models (or any models for
              > > that matter) you're still invited to come down and try things out!
              > >
              > > Here is the link for our group, please feel to come by and check us out!

              > > Thanks for reading!
              > >
              > > -Keith

            • Nick Schutgens
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2010
                Hi Chris,

                Like I told Keith in a similar email: for miniature games we would need to use an extra room but I believe it is possible so long as we do this through Jay and the room is not used by anybody else. So this requires a bit of planning. I'll talk it over with Jay,

                Nick

                To: jigg@yahoogroups.com
                From: themrcz@...
                Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 01:01:01 -0800