Help needed! WoW TCG & Playing Locations

  • gary@essintl.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2010

      Guys and gals,

      I posted on the forums, but guessing many never visit. I have several things I would like to try and find from this post, any help would be appreciated!

      1) Anyone interested in playing, having a demo of, World of Warcraft TCG, please let me know. Would be very happy to meet up and explain this great game!

      2) Will the person who is currently 'responsible' for Shakeys Wednesday Magic meets please ping me. I would like to come along this week and try and demo to anyone interested in English or Japanese.

      3) Does anyone know of a suitable location to hold a small(ish) card event? I would like space for up to maybe 16-24 players at a reasonable location, price and with sensible tables to accommodate card playing.

      4) I have started a fan page on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=107597552624498&ref=ts I would appreciate and welcome any Japanese game players, TCG, RPG, Board gaming, online gaming... Anything really guys to become fans or link. Any links to the page from anyone who might get tripped over when someone is looking at gaming in Japan, would help the cause guys!!! Please help me.

      I went to Vegas a month ago to the US NACC championships for Wow and met the new guys running it. They are very supporting, having provided playmats, Extended art cards and other bits and pieces to offer as prizes at events and will be supporting me to run battlegrounds in the future... There has not been a better time to take a look at the game!

      Thanks in advance for your help guys!

      Gary

    • Ryan Bigelow
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
        Hey Gary!

        Glad to hear you're still playing! I sure do enjoy the game and miss playing those raids with you!
        If you're looking for a place to play, I did register JIGG with the Meguro community hall. They have rooms you can rent but they aren't all that cheap. You might try Castle Tintagel too. I've never been there but it sounds pretty big.
        Good luck!

        Ryan

        PS: cheapie cards here for peeps interested in starting http://www.wholesalegaming.biz/worldofwarcraft/

        --
        Ryan Bigelow

        He that leaveth nothing to Chance will do few things ill, but he will do very few things.
        - George, Lord Halifax
      • gary@essintl.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010

          Thanks mate for the vote of confidence! If you are on Facebook please join my page and I can ping you on my normal page as a friend too.

          I will check out those 2 locations. Awesome feedback.

          How is life treating you?

          On Mon 5/07/10 9:00 AM , Ryan Bigelow ryan.bigelow@... sent:

          On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 7:43 AM, <gary@essintl. com> wrote:

[...]

        • welford
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
            On Jul 5, 2010, at 17:00, Ryan Bigelow wrote:

            > If you're looking for a place to play, I did register JIGG with the
            > Meguro community hall. They have rooms you can rent but they aren't
            > all that cheap. You might try Castle Tintagel too. I've never been
            > there but it sounds pretty big.

            Nope. For gaming we use the upstairs room, which gets crowded with more
            than about a dozen people (plus game parapernalia and lots of medieval
            equipment). Maybe you could ask to play downstairs but your card
            layouts would occasionally be upset by fully armoured knights crashing
            into the tables, so perhaps not.

            Kuminkaikans are the best bet if you can manage the bureaucracy.

            Cheers,
            ATW
          • charles drolet
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
              Hi Gary!

              Remember me, we used to play Wow together at my place?
              I don't play Wow anymore, and have tons of cards from the first two sets to give away (commons) and sell (rare, legend, large cards, foiled treasure cards). If you are interested, or know anyone who is, just let me know.

              Dennis the French Canadian

              Enter for a chance to get your town photo on Bing.ca! Submit a Photo Now!