Mejiro gameday

  • Nick Schutgens
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010
      Yesterday (Sunday Feb 28) there was a gameday in Mejiro. The next one will be Sunday March 28, last Sunday of the month.

      Andrew, Goran, Paul, Nigel, Nick and a few Japanese gamers showed up. First we played Fury of Dracula with Andrew being the Bat master who easily gave the slip to the disorganized hunters. After maturing a vampire and killing Dr Seward, Dracula became the uncontested scourge of Europe.  Next, Goran, Andrew and Nigel played Pillars of the Earth, where, I believe, Nigel showed himself to be the most productive builder of the cathedral. While this was going on Paul and Nick refought the battle of Dertosa using Command & Colors. Again, the Romans (Paul) beat the Carthaginians, just like some 2200 years ago. Three Japanese gamers meanwhile played a German version of Vikings.

      Fury of Dracula http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/20963/fury-of-dracula
      Pillars of the Earth http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/24480/the-pillars-of-the-earth
      Command & Colors http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/14105/commands-colors-ancients
      Vikings http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27173/vikings

      Nick S

    • Nick Schutgens
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2010
        Today (March 28) there was a gameday in Mejiro. Next gameday will be on April 25, last Sunday of the month.

        Today's gameday started with Goran, Nigel, Nick & Paul playing a game of Kingsburg which was easily won by Paul (who was the only one to doubt this outcome). Next, we started a game of Ideology, which was aborted when the Islamo-Fascist block (Goran & Nick) offered their protection to several countries threatened with exploitation by the Capitalist-Imperialist dogs  (and yes, we have a very cool salute!). After this, we split into two groups: Goran, Nigel and Stella played a cardgame without a name (exciting!), while Paul and Nick refought the battle of Akragas (Command & Colors: Ancients). The battle was won when the Syracusan medium cavalry gallantly tore through the Carthaginian auxilliaries and routed their army. Lastly, Nigel, Richard and Stella played a game of Condotierre which was almost won by Stella when Richard appeared out of nowhere and snatched victory.

        Kingsburg: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27162/kingsburg
        Ideology: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8059/ideology-the-war-of-ideas
        Command and Colors: Ancients: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/14105/commands-colors-ancients
        Condottiere: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/112/condottiere

        Nick S

      • Nick Schutgens
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2010
          Last Sunday November 28 2010, another gameday was held at Castle Tintagel in Mejiro.

          Participants: Andrew, Dave, Goran, Nigel, Nick S, Paul, Seiya & 3 friends, Wake & companion, Yoko

          We played the following games:

          Agricola http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31260/agricola
          winner: Nigel

          Battlestar Galactica http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/37111/battlestar-galactica
          winner: Paul (as cylon leader!)

          Arkham horror http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15987/arkham-horror
          winner: aborted but likely Nyarlathotep

          Ascension http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/69789/ascension-chronicle-of-the-godslayer
          winner: ?

          Next gameday has not been decided yet. Since the holiday season is upon us, we may deviate from the regular last Sunday of the month. Keep an eye out!

          Nick S