Suitcase trade wanted

  • James Stagg
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hey everyone,

      I am moving and I need one more large suitcase. Is there anyone with
      an extra, or an old suitcase that would be willing to trade me for a
      smaller one? I don't care what condition it is in (as long as it can
      make one trip to Hawaii it is fine) The small suitcase I have to trade
      is in good condition and has only been used twice. I have an extra
      military style large backpack (a bit beat up) a brand new Adidas gym
      bag (large) and a Jansport Camo backpack that I would be willing to
      trade as well.

      Extra Luggage fees are haaaarsh

      James
    • Goran Topic
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
        Hi, James!

        On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:21 PM, James Stagg <whitestagg@...> wrote:
        > I am moving and I need one more large suitcase. Is there anyone with
        > an extra, or an old suitcase that would be willing to trade me for a
        > smaller one? I don't care what condition it is in (as long as it can
        > make one trip to Hawaii it is fine) The small suitcase I have to trade
        > is in good condition and has only been used twice. I have an extra
        > military style large backpack (a bit beat up) a brand new Adidas gym
        > bag (large) and a Jansport Camo backpack that I would be willing to
        > trade as well.
        >
        > Extra Luggage fees are haaaarsh

        Actually, I was preparing to call the large garbage collection guys to
        take my huge old suitcase away. I was moving to a new place last month
        and I overpacked it, which resulted in the annihilation of the tiny
        wee wheelies it used to have, which in turn made it almost immobile
        when stuffed. Other than that, I believe it's completely functional.
        You can even have it for free. I sympathise with the luggage fees...
        o.O I'm in Tokyo Heiwadai, drop me a private mail if you're
        interested.

        Goran

        --
        cargo pinto
        tubby boom box
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2009
          Thanks for the offer, but I am afraid that I am going to need wheelsl. I have to move three large bags, a carry on and a 20" iMac to the airport, so wheel-less would be a bit too Herculean.

          Thanks anyways.
          James

          On Oct 1, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Goran Topic wrote:

          Hi, James!

          On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:21 PM, James Stagg <whitestagg@gmail. com> wrote:
          > I am moving and I need one more large suitcase. Is there anyone with
          > an extra, or an old suitcase that would be willing to trade me for a
          > smaller one? I don't care what condition it is in (as long as it can
          > make one trip to Hawaii it is fine) The small suitcase I have to trade
          > is in good condition and has only been used twice. I have an extra
          > military style large backpack (a bit beat up) a brand new Adidas gym
          > bag (large) and a Jansport Camo backpack that I would be willing to
          > trade as well.
          >
          > Extra Luggage fees are haaaarsh

          Actually, I was preparing to call the large garbage collection guys to
          take my huge old suitcase away. I was moving to a new place last month
          and I overpacked it, which resulted in the annihilation of the tiny
          wee wheelies it used to have, which in turn made it almost immobile
          when stuffed. Other than that, I believe it's completely functional.
          You can even have it for free. I sympathise with the luggage fees...
          o.O I'm in Tokyo Heiwadai, drop me a private mail if you're
          interested.

          Goran

          --
          cargo pinto
          tubby boom box

        • Welford
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2009
            On Oct 5, 2009, at 15:02, James Stagg wrote:
            > Thanks for the offer, but I am afraid that I am going to need wheelsl.
            > I have to move three large bags, a carry on and a 20" iMac to the
            > airport, so wheel-less would be a bit too Herculean.

            The takkyubin companies (e.g., Kuroneko Yamato) will take your bags
            straight from your house to the airport overnight for 1000 yen or so
            each. At the airport you can collect them from a counter in the
            check-in hall, chuck them on a trolley and take them straight to
            check-in. It's really convenient if you've got a lot of luggage.

            What happens at the other end of your flight may be another matter....

            Cheers,
            ATW