Boardgames Weekend in Kanagawa on September 12th and 13th: KevCon!

  • greatpowers
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 2:57 PM
      KevCon fun starts on Saturday, September 12th and finishes at dinner time on Sunday, September 13th.

      Free accomodation provided!

      Starts:

      3PM on Saturday

      Where:

      Kevin`s House
      Address: Iizawa 242-23 Minami Ashigara City, Kanagawa
      Email: greatpowers at yahoo.com

      What to bring?

      Your shoes, games, beer to bribe Kevin (optional)
      We have the house to ourselves for most of the day so we can
      get a lot of game playing in and say four letter words eh! I love
      4 letter words like: four, dice, damn!

      There are a few beds available on a first come first served basis.
      Email me if you want a bed. If not bring something to sleep on--sleeping
      bag etc. We have a lot of room. We have a Canadian,
      Victorian style home imported from Cloverdale,BC.

      How to Get There from:

      Tokyo, Fujisawa, Atsugi, Machida, Yokohama or Sakhalin:
      Take the Odakyu Line to Odawara and be sure to get into one of the
      first four train cars as the train splits. Take a Kyuko (express
      train) it has red kanji on the side usually next to the door up top.
      It takes about 90 minutes. Bring a good book!

      Get off at Odawara Station and transfer to the Daiyuzan Line. Get off
      at Daiyuzan Station, it takes 21 minutes from Odawara. Take the only
      exit, walk straight out to the main street out in front and head left
      down that street through the traffic lights (under the covered
      pedestrian overpass). Over the bridge and you will see our green
      roofed house with "Kevin`s English School" signs plastered all over
      the place.

      How to Get There:

      From Shizuoka, Nagoya and other points South: Take the
      Tokaido line or the Shinkansen and get off at Odawara. Transfer to
      the Daiyuzan line and follow the directions above (for Tokyo).

      **The Shinkansen also stops at Odawara. You take a Kodama Super
      Express. It takes about 39 minutes from Tokyo. Costs a little over
      3,000 Yen one way.

      Take a break from the city and see some mountain views and breathe some fresh air.

      Feel free to pass this on to interested people. Games of all kinds
      welcome. Bring whatever you would like to play, chances are, others
      will want to play it too. We have three guest beds and some futons.
      Bring a sleeping bag if you`d like. It is a nice area as well.
      A great break from wherever you live with a great bunch of people!

      Kevin Burns
      http://greatpowers1.googlepages.com/jigg%3Ajapan%60sinternationalgamersguild
      http://www.jigg-greatpowers.blogspot.com