Re: [JHardy-L] Sunday's show at Club Passim

  • Ron Mura
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2002
      Here's the list of songs performed Sunday:

      first set:
      The Moon Is Full
      Dubh Ruis (solo, after Tom Duval's guitar string broke)
      Willie Goggin's Hat
      The Roan
      The 20th Century
      Whom Do You Love?
      Uley Mill Song
      Kitty's in the Shoeshine Box
      Ground Zero
      Pardners
      Coal Black
      May Day
      St. Clare

      second set:
      The Tailor (request)
      Night Train to Paris (request)
      Andale
      Falling in Love with You
      Angeles Rosa
      Down and Dirty
      The Tinker's Coin
      Winter Sunlight
      The Lady Turned Away
      Autumn

      encore:
      Síle na gCíoch [Sheila]
      Síar ón nDaingean [West of Dingle]

      The 3 9/11-related songs in a row were particularly well performed,
      especially the vocals. These were the best versions of "Pardners" and
      "Coal Black" that I've heard.

      "Whom Do You Love?" is a beautiful little waltz. I hope it makes the
      next album.

      "The Lady Turned Away" had a couple of lines changed in the first
      verse. I can't remember what the old and new lines were, but it was
      definitely different from the way I'd heard it in concert before.

      Ron