Info from the General Assembly

  • Katrina Kuo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2005
      So this is for all of you that didn't make it to the GA, or forgot
      what happened at it... Here's the Basics.

      ------

      Let me introduce Badminton Club Officers:

      Co-presidents: Katrina Kuo, John Chien
      Treasurer: Vera Goh
      Secretary: Sopo Lin

      ------

      Ground Rules: (Basically, be nice and give everyone a chance to play.
      Don't be a Jerk.)

      1. Play DOUBLES if there are people waiting to play. (we have limited
      space)
      2. Warm up for only 5 minutes, please!
      3. Play 1 game and then get off the court to give those who are
      waiting a chance to play (ie. Don't be a court hog)
      4. Club officers are *not* a task force to patrol and police all the
      members and prosecute those who aren't following the rules. So if you
      want to play, please ABIDE BY and ENFORCE the rules amongst yourselves.

      *Helpful Hint* -- if you're waiting to play, when there's open space
      just go ahead and step on the court. Don't worry, it's not rude.
      Other members aren't gonna be your mom and push you to get on the court.

      --------

      Schedule:

      Tuesday, Thursday - 5:30-7:30pm
      Friday - 7:30-9:30pm
      Saturday, Sunday - 1:30-4:30pm

      -Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday is allocated as Advanced Player Time.
      -Friday, Saturday is Beginner Player time.
      (This may change in the future, depending on trends in attendance
      of players.)

      There are no restrictions on when you can come, but please try to
      attend the day to fit your skill level. If you're much worse or much
      better than others, it's not as enjoyable for everyone.

      -Instruction for Basic Skills will be held on Saturdays, at the start
      of club practice time. (As voted at the General Assembly)

      --------

      Activities:

      -We will be trying to organize a tournament in the near future.

      -We will try to get some funding in the future. The club may have to
      fulfill some basic requirements, but it shouldn't be too hard.

      -If you have any ideas about something you want to happen, feel free
      to talk to me about it, and we'll see what can be done. :)

      ---------

      Upcoming:
      -Friday - first beginner's day practice time.
      -Saturday - first Basic Skills day.

      ---------

      Sorry this was so long, but it's a lot faster when you say it! Have
      fun, everyone! See you at practice! :)

      Sincerely,
      Katrina