badminton tournament?

  • KE RUAN
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
      Hello, everyone,
      I think it is the time to initiate a badminton tournament for single players in this hot summer, as we havn't host any activitity for about 1 year. :(
      First thing first, money. We may get some finanical support from GRO and CSSA. I may contact the CSSA president. And who else is willing to contact the GRO guys?
      Second, let's play singles this time, as we had the doubles around two years ago. Oh, what a long time ago. I miss it! I am thinking of divided it into 4 groups, Men's single (two groups, A and B, if you played badminton for a long time, or you are talented, and like to take the challenges, please join group A), and Women's single (group C and D). If we don't have enough players, the two groups may be merged into one.
      So could you guys reply this email with your name and the group you want to join?
      Thanks a lot.

      Ke.
    • KE RUAN
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
        As you guys may already know, the new 21 point scoring system has been approved by IBF.
        Someone support it, meanwhile, the others tease it. The good side is that it will save us some energy, and the bad one is it is not as exciting as before.
        So how about we vote for this system, and see if we can apply it in our tournament?

        For your convenience, I upload the file to our club group.
        best,

        Ke.