See you Sunday the 23rd-- Genealogy Meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2005
      JEWISH GENEALOGY SOCIETY OF SACRAMENTO
      Sunday, January 23, 2005, 10 a.m.
      Albert Einstein Residence Center, 1935 Wright Street, Sacramento

      The Yad Vashem Holocaust Database -- On the Internet

      After much anticipation, the Yad Vashem database of Holocaust victims has
      finally made its appearance on the Web. Every Jew with ancestors from Central or
      Eastern Europe has family who died in the Holocaust; discover what happened
      to them using this Internet database which just came online in November. It
      contains records of the millions of people who died -- and those who survived.
      Our meeting will focus on the features of the new database and how it can lead
      you to find information about survivors or their descendants. Our own Teven
      Laxer will tell us about finding 10 new cousins, thanks to the Yad Vashem
      information.

      Join us at our Sunday, January 23 meeting, 10 a.m. Our extensive genealogy
      library will be available for your use, and it’s a great time to advance your
      family tree research with the help of our members. For more information,
      e-mail the JGSS at jgs_sacramento@... or leave a message at 916-486-0906 ext.
      361.

      And a program alert!

      A special three part series on Auschwitz will air on PBS starting this
      Wednesday, January 19, at 8 p.m. Each segment will be repeated at 3 p.m..
      the following day.

      http://www.pbs.org/auschwitz/about/

      http://www.pbs.org/auschwitz/about/airdates.html