Genealogy -- See you Monday evening

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2007

      Report from the Salt Lake City Conference

      Monday, August 20, 2007, 7 p.m.

      Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento

      Albert Einstein Residence Center , 1935 Wright Street , Sacramento

      Join us Monday evening as we hear from our four members who attended the July international conference in Salt Lake City -- Mark Heckman, Lester Smith, Bob Wascou and  Art Yates.  Learn about the latest in Web sites, databases, software, the Family History Library and more.

      From the Avotaynu E-zine:

      Yad Vashem to Publish a Newsletter
      Yad Vashem in Israel has plans to publish a newsletter. You can subscribe at http://www.yadvashem.org/. Click on the word “Subscribe” toward the upper right.  (Note from Susanne -- I had trouble subscribing until I entered ONLY the mandatory fields in red….)

      Index to Lodz Cemetery Planned
      An ongoing project is the indexing of all burials at the cemetery in
      Lodz, Poland. Information can be found at http://www.jewishlodzcemetery.org/defaultEN.asp. Some of the indexing has been accomplished and the search engine at the site is somewhat difficult to use. Enter Steve Morse, who's created a portal to the site that allows you to search for names in one step. The Morse portal is located at http://stevemorse.org/ in the “Holocaust and Eastern Europe” section.

      See you Monday evening!