See you Sunday morning -- Genealogy Mtg.

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2004
      See you at 10 a.m. December 19 at the Albert Einstein Residence Center.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
        Census data offers vital clues to our family trees ... don't miss Glenda's presentation.

        Effective Use of the Census

        Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento

        Sunday, April 13, 2008, 10 a.m.

        Glenda Lloyd, a Sacramento genealogist, will present tips on using census data to help research your family tree.  The "backbone of American genealogy," census information puts your family in a specific location every 10 years from 1790 to 1930.  State and local censuses can lead you to land, immigration and naturalization records.

        Glenda is a fourth generation Californian who served as the first president of Root Cellar/Sacramento Genealogical Society.  She teaches genealogy through adult education classes in the San Juan School District and has also presented programs for many local genealogy societies as well as for  Family History Day at the State Archives.

        Join us Sunday, April 13, 10 a.m., at the Albert Einstein Residence Center, 1935 Wright St., Sacramento.  It's also an opportunity to make use of the extensive genealogy library.

        See you there!

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2011

          Join us this Sunday the 16th at 10 a.m. as we hear from Mumbai native Yael Numark on the legacy and history of India's Jewish communities.

          --------
          People Search Site: Spokeo
          Many of us use www.zabasearch.com for locating people -- I learned of an additional people search site, new to me at least, this week:  http://www.spokeo.com/

          Who Do You Think You Are -- Third Season of the Genealogy Series
          Entertainment Weekly reports that Marissa Tomei, Martin Sheen and Blair Underwood will be among the participants in the American version of Who Do You Think You Are? in the 2012 season.  Additional information is at http://tinyurl.com/3uessb5.  More celebrities will be announced in the near future.

          Synagogue Site
          From member Allan Dolgow, an interesting website with a searchable gallery of synagogues:  http://www.synagogues360.org/gallery.php

          See you Sunday morning!