Sunday Genealogy Mtg. -- Program Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2007

      Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento

      Please join us this Sunday, January 21 at 10 a.m., for two interesting presentations by members Mort Rumberg and Victoria Reed.

      Mort will talk about his research efforts, including hitting brick walls and overcoming them, and tell us how he recently found six new first cousins spread across the country.  He'll also describe how he structured his family history books.

      Victoria will demonstrate her expertise in genealogy using stories of her searches for family and share her successes in locating them.  The successes include discovering relatives in South America as well as "the old country."  Victoria is preparing to become a professional genealogist.

      With Mort and Victoria's presentations, we'll be able to contrast the differences being using commercial family history software and charts drawn by hand.

      Our treasurer, Allan Bonderoff, had been scheduled to give Sunday's program, but was in a serious car accident last week while driving to San Jose.  He is currently at UC Davis Medical Center, room 6665, and making progress, reports Bob Wascou.  Bob visited him this afternoon and said he's able to move around and is doing better.  Visitors are welcome but talking is hard because of the tube in his throat. On behalf of the JGSS, we send Allan our best wishes for a speed recovery.

      We look forward to seeing you Sunday morning at the Albert Einstein Residence Center, 1935 Wright Street, Sacramento.