Monday Eve. -- Genealogy Program

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2006
      Hope you'll join us at 7 p.m. Monday the 18th for this program:

      "From Shtetl to Hester Street"

      Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento

      How did your relatives make their way to a new life in America ?  The September meeting of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento will focus on how Jewish immigrants traveled from Eastern Europe to America . Many left from the ports of Hamburg , Bremen , Rotterdam and Libau. Hear from Allan Bonderoff about the various routes they took for their journeys before embarking on a new life in this country.

      The meeting will also include a report from Art Yates who attended the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies conference in July.   Art will share the latest in online databases,  research efforts and more gleaned at the New York conference.

      FAMILY HISTORY DAY:
      And we're looking for volunteers to staff our booth at the Family History Day at the State Archives downtown on Saturday, October 14.  Can you spare an hour or two between 8:30 and 4 p.m. to answer questions about our group and maybe encourage a few new members? If so, let Burt Hecht know Monday evening, or e-mail him at burt1933@...