JGSS Library Books, in search of (2nd edition)

  • jgs_sacramento
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2006
      Hello again, everyone,

      Bob Wascou, Burt Hecht, Lester Smith, Matt Friedman, and I spent a
      couple of hours last Sunday and completed the survey of our library
      books. We now have 165 books in the database. We hope to finish the
      library project, cataloging and reorganization, in June.

      Some folks last week returned to the library a few of our missing
      library books. (Thank you!) But we are still missing some books. We
      don't know exactly what books we are missing, however, because of our
      erstwhile, haphazard check-out system. I implore each of you to check
      your bookshelves and see if you don't happen to have one or more books
      that you forgot you have. JGSS books are stamped inside the front
      cover so they should be easy to identify.

      Just for example, I know we are missing one book because I've looked
      at it in the past: "Finding your Jewish Roots in Galicia: A Resource
      Guide", by Suzan Wynne. This book is not in the bookcase and there is
      no record of someone signing it out.

      If you find a book, please bring it with you to our next meeting, May
      16, or send a message to Bob Wascou at "jgsslist@..." and we can
      arrange to pick up the book.

      Thank you for checking. The library is an important resource for our
      members, created with member dues, and we want to preserve it.

      Mark Heckman
      President, JGS Sacramento