Genealogy Mtg. -- See you Sunday morning!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2004
      Sunday, November 21, 10 a.m.:
      Jewish Genealogy Society of Sacramento
      Albert Einstein Residence Center, 1935 Wright Street, Sacramento

      It's our first Sunday morning meeting of the season, and the focus will be:
      Archives and Archivists: What Every Genealogist Needs to Know

      We'll hear from Nancy Zimmelman, longtime archivist with the California State
      Archives. She'll provide insights about archives and archival practice, how
      to be a more effective researcher and how to obtain maximum assistance from
      the archivist. She'll also discuss how archives and libraries differ, the do's
      and don'ts when doing research in an archives, and what you should know if you
      want to donate your family papers to an archives.

      And don't forget our growing JGSS library: There'll be time at the end of
      the meeting for members to use our extensive reference library and to consult,
      one-on-one, with experienced genealogists. Stumped about your next step? Bring
      your genealogy materials and questions.

      For more information, e-mail the JGSS at jgs_sacramento@... or leave a
      message at 916-486-0906 ext. 361.

      See you at 10 a.m. Sunday!