See you Sunday morning!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2012
      Sunday, November 18, 2012, 10 a.m.
      An Introduction to ViewMate  -- Gary Sandler
      Need help with translations of historical or family documents? Our own Gary Sandler will talk about the award-winning ViewMate program he helped create. The program, found on the www.JewishGen.org website, offers free translations of old passports, postcards, gravestones, official documents and more.  Gary has been the programmer for ViewMate and will introduce its features and capabilities.  It has helped thousands of people move past brick walls in their family research.
      Gary has been a computer guy and project planner for over 30 years. His interest in genealogy sprang from his curiosity about whether he was related to the actor Adam Sandler.  He says he's been applying his obsessive-compulsive behaviors to researching and documenting his Russian, Lithuanian and Polish roots for over a dozen years. In 2006-07, Gary worked with Steve Morse to create the "Gold Form"  one-step tool for searching Ellis Island passenger records.
      And Time to Pay Dues for 2013
      Treasurer Bob Wascou says you can bring a check to Sunday's meeting -- membership is $25 and due by January 1. Please make your checks payable to JGSS.
      Or you can mail your check to
      Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento
      c/o Albert Einstein Residence Center
      1935 Wright St # 240
      Sacramento, CA 95842-1187
      Please help us support our organization, provide honorariums, purchase new books and materials, and more.