1940 Census

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 10:08 AM
      Check today's Sacramento Bee!

      Great to see Mort Rumberg quoted in today's story on the 1940 census:

      NARAtions   The Blog of the United States National Archives
      1940 Census Update
      by Rebecca on April 3, 2012

      We apologize for the problems you encountered with the 1940 census web site yesterday.  We share your frustration.   There was extraordinary demand for the 1940 census records, with over 37 million hits in the first 7 hours on April 2nd.

      We have implemented changes so you can now search and view the census images. We are continuing to work on the site and expect to make further enhancements during the day on Tuesday, April 3rd.

      Thank you for your patience as we continue to address issues with the 1940 census web site.   We will continue to keep you updated here on NARAtions as well as on the site itself.

      Our Next Meeting:
      Sunday, April 15, 10 am.  -- Lynn Brown
      "U.S. Customs and Immigration Service and How to Order Citizenship Records Online"