Monday -- Searching Secrets to Ancestry

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17 4:53 PM

      Due to illness by scheduled speaker Lynn Brown, our president, Victoria Fisch, will fill in and speak on "Searching Secrets to Ancestry" at Monday evening's meeting.

      Victoria will explore little known methods of getting the most out of the Ancestry search engines.  She'll explain alternative ways of searching for your ancestors when their names have been mistranscribed, finding records in lesser used Ancestry databases, how to best set up Ancestry charts, and how to keep your chronological records on Ancestry useful.

      Along with serving as our president, Victoria is the northern California editor of Western States Jewish History Journal. She is currently editing a book on the historical Jewish community of Santa Cruz, and is a researcher of the Jews of the Gold Rush.  Her Ancestry trees contains thousands of individuals and her experience with Ancestry has given her insight into how to make Ancestry work for you.

      During her talk Monday she'll go online with Ancestry.com
      Hope you'll join us Monday evening.