The Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2011
      Good afternoon.

      I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Victoria Fisch, and I have recently succeeded Mort Rumberg as the new President of our society. I'm currently the northern California editor of Western States Jewish History journal, and have been engaged in genealogical research for over twenty years.

      I know that not all of you regularly attend our meetings, and want to thank you for your involvement and support. We continue to strive to present our members and the public with lectures presented by a variety of experts in in the field of Jewish genealogy. If you have not already renewed your membership for 2011, please take this as a reminder to do so.

      Coming up at our meetings:

      August 15 - Monday,  at 7 pm
      Linda Lucky - Research Logs - A Powerful Tool
      Linda Lucky, is a curator and manager for the Family History Center in Sacramento. She will discuss the value of research logs and where to begin, what family documents to gather and what forms are available for recording information.  Linda commented that how you gather and record data and information can help immensely or make it more difficult to record and confirm your family history.

      September 19 – Monday, at 7 pm
      Lynn Brown -  Immigration and Citizenship
      Lynn Brown will review Naturalization terms used to apply for naturalization, USCIS records and their Genealogy department, Alien & Citizenship records post-1906 and how to obtain and order records.

      Lynn will share additional tips for searching immigration, naturalization and citizenship records.  She'll talk about the agency that replaced the Immigration and Naturalization Service and how to best access available records to further your research.

      A family historian for more than 35 years, Lynn Brown is a Sacramento Regional Family History Center volunteer and recently retired from teaching genealogy research skills in several local school districts. She has lectured throughout the Central Valley and owns Family-Quest.com, a genealogical counseling business.

      Members:
      Please let me know if this email address is your most current and the one which you would like me to use to send further email news.

      If there are areas of research you would be interested in hearing about at our meetings, please email me directly. If you have made some exciting discoveries in your own family research, I’d be delighted to hear about them.

      Please continue to check for updates on our website:

      and our new Facebook page:

      Best of luck with your family research.

      Victoria Fisch
      President,
      Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento