See you Monday evening

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2011

      DNA and Genealogy -- Steve Morse
      Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento
      Monday, June 20, 7 p.m.
      Back to our Monday evening schedule.   Hope to see you June 20 as we hear again from Bay Area genealogist and website guru Steve Morse.  Steve says he's not a geneticist, not a biologist, and not a chemist.  And he has no affiliation with a DNA testing laboratory. He's an engineer.
      He put together his June presentation because DNA has become a hot topic in genealogy, but most people really don't have the DNA basics.  He'll focus on genes, chromosomes and DNA to give us a better understanding of what they're all about.
      The meeting is at 7 p.m. at the Albert Einstein Residence Center.

      From Avotaynu's E-Zine  June 12:
      JewishGen Screencasts -- Great for Beginning Researchers

      JewishGen has created a new learning tool it calls Screencasts, a number of five-minute online presentations to help people who are new to family history research. The initial four screencasts are:
        • Prepare for Your Research
        • Navigate JewishGen
        • Find Your Ancestral Town
        • Communicate with Other Researchers

      Two additional screencasts appear to be in the works:
        • Use the JewishGen Databases
        • Special Interest Groups and Hosted Organizations

      Phyllis Kramer, JewishGen vice president for Education and Special Projects, indicated she's working on one to differentiate JewishGen, Jewish Genealogy Societies, IAJGS, JRI-P and all the other organizations and acronyms. The screencasts can be accessed at
      http://www.jewishgen.org/JewishGen/FirstTimer.html.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 15, 2012
        Glenda Lloyd will talk to us about the value of city directories.

        Monday evevning meeting, 7 p.m., June 18th.
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2012
          Ron Arons will be our speaker on "Searching for Living People."

          See you at 7 p.m .at the Einstein Center.