See you Sunday at the next JGSS meeting!

  • jgs_sacramento
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2010
      Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento

      Sunday, October 17, 2010, 10 a.m.

      Introduction to Jewish Genealogy

      If you've wanted to begin doing some research on your family tree, this meeting might be a good place to start. Dale Friedman will discuss what exactly is "Jewish genealogy" and what you might learn about yourself by doing family history research.

      Dale will explore the "Jewish" in Jewish genealogy and share what he's learned. How did my ancestors shape me? Jewish genealogy is one way to help answer these questions. Using personal examples, Dale will suggest some research methods to begin your efforts.

      Dale is a board member of the San Francisco Bay Area Jewish Genealogy Society and has been exploring the family history of all four sides of his family and of his wife's family.

      All are welcome to attend the Sunday, October 17, 10 a.m. meeting at the Albert Einstein Residence Center, 1935 Wright St., Sacramento. For more information about the Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento, visit www.jgss.org, e-mail the JGSS at jgs_sacramento@... or leave a message at 916-486-0906 ext. 361.

      Recently, we received generous donations of books for research in Jewish genealogy. We have added some to our library holdings, but some are duplicates of books we already have, or are books we cannot keep due to space limitations.

      Those we cannot keep will be available to the membership. We will put out a bunch of books and magazines. They are all in excellent condition, some literally new. The books for give-a-way are FREE but you have to be a member of the JGSS.

      Early birds to the meeting will get their first choice. First come, first served. Yet one more great reason to join the JGSS. Once again, membership has its privileges!