Ancestry.com free thru Labor Day

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2010
      Just a heads-up for those without an Ancestry.com subscription -- you can access immigration records free through Monday.

      And see you at our next meeting, Monday, Sept. 20, 7 p.m., for "When Was That Picture Taken?"

      Ancestry.com

      Search our entire collection of
      immigration records for free,
      Labor Day Weekend only.

      They found a new life here.
      Just imagine what you might find.
      They gave up everything for a chance at a better life in a new place called America. Your ancestors were probably among these intrepid immigrants and from now through September 6th, you can search for them for free in the world's largest online collection of U.S. immigration resources.

      Explore immigration resources

      Search immigration
      records FREE through
      Sept. 6th.

      “...that was the most
      beautiful sight because we
      knew we made it. We were
      in America, a free country.”

      — Lillian Galletta, Sicily
      Travel back to Ellis Island with people who were there.

      The voyage to America was an experience filled with hope, fear, disappointment and promise. And nothing can capture these emotions like hearing the stories of those who lived it, in their own words. Our unique collection of Ellis Island Oral Histories practically puts you on the ship with these brave immigrants.
      Hear their stories

      Discover your family in millions
      of naturalization records.

      Our U.S. Naturalization Records Indexes, 1791-1992, offer invaluable details about your immigrant ancestors, like their birth date, arrival date, occupation and address. We’ve just expanded this informative collection, adding 1.8 million new records indexed by World Archives Project contributors.
      Search the records

      Passenger and crew lists: The story
      from homeland to new land.

      Our complete New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 collection is a great place to start your search. Immigrants also came through ports like Philadelphia, Baltimore, New Orleans and San Francisco, so be sure to explore passenger lists from those cities, as well as our Boston collection which includes 2.4 million new crew records.
      Search the records

      Free webinar: How to find family in immigration records.
      Passenger lists give you hints about an immigrant's old life, like their occupation, as well as a glimpse of their future, like where they'd be staying in the U.S. This free webinar helps you navigate these informative documents, as well as naturalization records, and get the most out of both.
      Watch free webinar