See You Monday Evening --Genealogy Meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16 7:32 PM
      Our July meeting next Monday:

      Beginning German Genealogy”

      Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento

      Monday, July 19, 2010, 7 p.m.

      At our July JGSS meeting, Shirley Reimer will focus on the first steps needed for an understanding of the cultural, historical and genealogical facts for German ancestral research.  This includes a look at the Second German Empire as related to German research as well as an overview of German civil and church records.

      Shirley Reimer taught high school English for ten years, then worked in communications for 22 years.  After she retired, she published The German Research Companion in 1997 and co-authored a second book in 2001.  For the last 18 years, she has published Der Blumenbaum, the quarterly journal of the Sacramento German Genealogy Society.           For the last nine years she has also published  the quarterly newsletter, Mitteilungen, for the Sacramento Turn Verein German-American Cultural Center – Library.

      This August, Shirley will make her 41st visit to Germany .

      Join us for Shirley's presentation.  See you Monday evening at 7 p.m.