Sad news

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 8:23 PM
      For those of you who have not yet heard, we were saddened to learn that Bonnie Yates, the wife of Art Yates, has passed away.  Art is a long-time, active member of the JGSS, and one of our past presidents.

      The funeral for Bonnie has been tentatively set for 1 p.m. this Friday at the Home of Peace Cemetery on Stockton Blvd, with Rabbi Matt Friedman expected to conduct the service.  An obituary will run Thursday or Friday in the Sacramento Bee.

      We extend our deepest sympathy and condolences to Art and his family at this difficult time.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2012
        Reva Camiel sadly passed away last night.  Reva had been a longtime JGSS member and presented several programs over the years.  She was also the author of several books.

        Her close friend Melinda Green notes that Reva will be buried in the Davis cemetery; a graveside service is planned for 3 p.m. Sunday, July 8th, followed by a Sacramento reception.  Details will follow.

        Our deepest sympathy to Reva's family and friends.