333Fwd: Sidney and Nancy Salinger #2

    Oct 26, 2013
      This was sent by the son of Sid Salinger, who passed away at the end of September.

      From: "Sid Salinger" <sidsalinger@...>
      To: "Adam & Paula (home) Salinger" <apspds@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:20:23 PM
      Subject: Sidney and Nancy Salinger

      Dear Family and Friends,

      I did my best to sift through email addresses....I apologize if you were not supposed to get this.

      I'm writing for a couple reasons.

      Some of you may not know that my father, Sid, passed away two weeks ago on 9/28 peacefully in his sleep.  As a close friend of mine put it, "He went out a winner."  He did in every sense of the word.  We can all only hope to have such an enjoyable 80th birthday hearing from so many old friends and family and then passing so peacefully in our sleep.

      Dad lived a happy and fulfilled life.  Everyone receiving this email played a part.  Thank you to each and every one of you for bringing joy into his life.  You made him who he was.

      Mom, Nancy, is doing well.  As most of you know, she was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia a few years ago.  She had been receiving home health care for 8 hours during the day to help with daily activities for the past 10 months.  With dad gone, there is no one with her the other 16 hours a day.  My sister, Lenore, came immediately from Colorado when dad passed away and stayed at the house with my mother until we were able to move her.

      On October 9th, we moved mom into an assisted living home in the memory care unit (which specializes in Dementia and Alzheimer's) three miles away from my house in Sacramento.  It's a national chain called Sunrise Living.  Since moving in my mom has had nothing but great things to say about both the facility (which is beautiful) and the staff.  The tough part has been moving out of her house for the past 17 years and into a new home.

      Mom's phone was connected today and here is her contact information:

      Nancy Salinger
      345 Munroe St.
      Room 110A
      Sacramento, CA 95825
      (916) 974-7058

      Here is the link to my father's obituary which was in the Sacramento Bee on Sunday, October 13th.  As it mentions, there will be a small memorial the day after Thanksgiving (11/29) at the Sierra Pines Lodge in the community where mom and dad resided for the past 17 years, Sun City Roseville.

      My father's email is currently active so that we can re-route all incoming email and alert senders to the closing of the account.

      My email account apspds@... will serve as Nancy's email address.  If things are to be directed to her via email, please send them to me and I will print them out to take to her.

      Again, thank you for all your love and support over the years and now.

      Adam Salinger

      --Grandpa with his grandchildren James and Isabela--