"GIS" is Geographical Information Systems.
The context and goals for JAGIS are:
To inform all in journalism about the data, tools and applications
of Geographic Information Science as they relate to all aspects of journalism -- editorial and the conduct of business;
To outline a plan for training professional and academic journalists to use GIS in all aspects of the journalism industry;
To suggest organizations and events as possible promotion and training venues.
To work to influence software publishers, data vendors and public agencies to meet the needs of GIS users in journalism.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Jun 30, 1999
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.