Are you looking for a J28 for sale?

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 1, 2014
      I have one on a trailer. I dont think you could ramp lauch without
      some modification to this trailer tho.

      Interesting idea about stepping the mast your self. Best use a sturdy
      set up, the mast is 46 and pretty heavy once you add in the furler.

      The 28 definatley will live up to your list of requirements and then
      some. Its and awesome boat. Not many boats can give you so much in a
      small package

      My boat is in CT. I would like to get here sold before winter.

      John Power
      sailingmaster@...
    • drabin76
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 14, 2014
        Hey John,

        Let me know if you want to just sell the FC Cover and/or one of the spinnakers.

        Thanks,

        Dan
        danjrabin@...

          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 16, 2014

            Is your J28 still for sale?  Can you send details and pics?

            Ray

          • hm.barrington
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 16, 2014

              Is your J28 still for sale?  Can you send details and pics?

              Ray

            • Tom Quinlan
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 16, 2014
                No, it's not for sale. I decided to use it more instead.  They're great boats and I would regret selling it since finding anything close to it would be difficult.
                I'm happy to say I'm sailing more and loving it as much as when I first acquired this boat.
                Good luck in your hunt for a J/28.  They're the best boat ever built in this size range for racing/cruising/daysailing

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Aug 16, 2014, at 4:56 PM, "hm.barrington@... [J28Sailors]" <J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                Is your J28 still for sale?  Can you send details and pics?

                Ray

              • Hans And Sharon

                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 1, 2014
                    Hi Ray

                    I'm going to list mine for sale soon. Let me know if you're interested.

                    - Dan
                    danjrabin@...
                  • Ray Sousa
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 1, 2014
                      Dan,

                      Thanks for the opportunity, but I am going not pursue any sailboat at this time.

                      Ray

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 1, 2014
                        Hi all,

                        FYI when talking about our beloved J28. I just sailed and motored mine from way upstate NY starting near the St Lawrence River off Lake Ontario to Hernando Beach Yacht Club in Florida on the Gulf about 50 miles north of Tampa. The trip total was 1,820 nautical miles, including a side trip up Delaware Bay and down the Chesapeake. Did it solo. Took me about seven weeks from July 5th to August 21. Great trip. The boat performed well and that trusty Yanmar just kept putting along like the energizer bunny.

                        Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 3:27 PM

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 1, 2014
                          Dude you rock!

                          Im so jealous.. I have not doubt the boat was PERFECT.  IT is one of the most well behaved boats I have ever sailed.
                          The 28 is great in light air and safe, fast and sure footed inthe biggest blow!

                          Im sad to say Ihave to sell mine only after a few years....There is NOTHING in this size that even comes close!

                          Congrats on a great trip and thanks for all your help along the way!

                          JP

                          Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 3:27 PM

                          Hi Ray

                          I'm going to list mine for sale soon. Let me know if you're interested.

                          - Dan

                        • Phil Borders

                            Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 3:27 PM

                            Hi Ray

                            I'm going to list mine for sale soon. Let me know if you're interested.

                            - Dan

                            alt

                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 9, 2014
                                David, Mind listing all your electronics/instruments?  I'd be interested to know what you've got aboard as I'm looking into fishfinder/gps etc at moment.  Thanks.
                              • Gmail
                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 9, 2014
                                  Hi David,
                                        We've met before I think. Did you use to sail in CORA in Charleston?  I've always admired the J28.
                                  It's nice to hear about your trip.
                                  Brandon Snider

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 10, 2014
                                    Frank,

                                    My instruments are pretty basic. Garmin 50s chartplotter/fishfinder but no transducer, Moore depth sounder, the standard compass that comes on the boat, my iPad with mi- fi device for checking weather, vhf radios (1 built in and 1 hand held) and a Ray Marine Auto Pilot. That's it. Well, actually, started out with a 20 year old Standard Horizon wind instrument that was on the boat when I bought it but the sender at the top of the mast blew off in a storm off shore early on so I had no wind instrument most of the trip.

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Sep 30, 2014
                                        Wondering if your still intereste in a J28

                                        Never heard back from you  Just circling back thur old emails to make sure.

                                        Thanks

                                        JP

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Sep 30, 2014
                                          Thanks for thinking of me on your boat.  I am going to pass on a decision to buy now.  Will look at this in the spring.

                                          Ray