Re: [J28Sailors] Propeller advice plz

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 14, 2013
      I HAVE A MARTEC ON MY BOAT NOW,  I WISH I HAD SAVED A LITTLE LONGER AND BOUGHT A VARIFOLD, MAX PROP OR GORI... THE MARTEC VIBRATES A BIT BUT OTHEWISE ITS PRETTY GOOD.

      I ORIGINALLY TRIED TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS AND BOUGHT A MARTEC 16X14 OFF OF EBAY.  THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PROP THAT JBOAT/TPI PUT ON THE BOAT AND ITS A BIT OVERPROPED BUT STILL GOOD.
      THE REASON WHY I WENT NEW IS THAT THIS PROP NEEDS TO BE BALANCED.

      I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME OF MY MONEY BACK AND WOULD SELL IT FAIRLY CHEAP IF YOU JUST WANTED A PROP TO GET YOU BY FOR A SEASON OR TWO. I COULD HAVE MY MARINA GET IT BALANCED AND SHIP IT OUT IN AWEEK IF YOU ARE INTERSTED.  I ALSO HAVE AN OLDER 3 BLADE PROP THAT CAME WITH MY BOAT (FIXED) ITS A BIT MUCH, BUT AGAIN YOU COULD GET BY WITH IT IN A PINCH. I WILL GIVE YOU THE THREE BLADE IF YOU WANT TO BUY MY MARTEC.

      YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT SAILINGMASTER@...

      GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE A 28, WELCOME TO THE CULT!  YOU WILL LOVE THE BOAT!

      JP

      On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, wymanfrank wrote:

      My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year or so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on makes/models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3 blade?

      Thanks!
      Frank

        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 14, 2013
          Frank,

          You don't need three blades but you do need a folding or feathering prop.

          On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, "wymanfrank" <wymanfrank@...> wrote:

          My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year or so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on makes/models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3 blade?

          Thanks!
          Frank

          Showtimes & Theaters
          Find Movie Showtimes For A Theater Near You at Moviefone.
          Moviefone.com

            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 15, 2013
              Frank, I just replaced my martec with a flexofold 2 blade folder and I really like the new prop. My martec needs a rebuild but does have a few years of service left. It's yours for the shipping cost. email me if interested. jfws88@....

              John

              --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, sailingmaster@... wrote:

              > Yes definatley. I picked up nearly a knot of boat speed with a
              > folding prop (after i ditched my nastey fixed THREE blade) and point a
              > bit higher.
              > New genoa in two weeks! The plan is coming together!

              > On Jul 14, 2013, at 5:35 PM, David Hastings wrote:
              >

              > > Frank,
              > >
              > > You don't need three blades but you do need a folding or feathering
              > > prop.
              > >
              > > Sent from my iPad
              > >
              > > David L. Hastings
              > > 5608 W. Woodside Dr.
              > > Crystal River, FL 34429
              > > Home: 352-794-6440
              > > Cell: 315-345-2078
              > >
              > > On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, "wymanfrank" <wymanfrank@...>
              > > wrote:
              > >

              > >> My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've
              > >> got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop
              > >> is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding
              > >> (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and
              > >> I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've
              > >> decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year
              > >> or so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on
              > >> makes/models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3
              > >> blade?
              > >>
              > >> Thanks!
              > >> Frank

              > >> Showtimes & Theaters
              > >> Find Movie Showtimes For A Theater Near You at Moviefone.
              > >> Moviefone.com

            • mcclurejsteven
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 14, 2013
                I would like to get a quote on some of the props you mentioned. I looked in the ownwer's manual on this site, but where can you find the gear ratio, shaft size and rotation info requested on the quote form?
                Thanks,
                Steve

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 15, 2013
                  I originally got the specs for the prop shaft etc from the old J28 front page website.  It seems that jboats has changed that page and the info is missing.

                  The prop is a RH, on a one inch shaft.  I have forgotten the reduction ratio for the transmission but I believe you can find it on the transmission itself.
                  Martec also can provide that as they originally supplied the props for the boat.

                  The original prop was a martec 16x14, i have now a 16x12 that is a better fit.
                  I have an old 16x14 that needs minor balancing if ur interested. I bought on ebay and would like to get back some of the cost.

                  there was some discussion here a few months back.  I am inclined to believe the boat will be smoother with one of the more expensive props like a gori or a max prop
                  they are much more expensive  The Martec was about 800 plus shipping.  I had a quote on a gori and its was 1600?  i think.  Max prop and vari fold are more I think.
                  I went with the Martec as I am in the worst harbor in the world for barnacles.  I still have a diver once per month as they infest my prop!  I think they would jam a geared prop
                  if the boat were to sit for more than a week or so without use.

                  Im pretty happy with the martec. It does get push the boat at 6 kts, a bit more if I really max the rpm.  It also will stop the boat in about one boat lenght if needed, just as they claim.
                  Reverse is very good. and there is just  bit of prop walk to port, which is nice if you have to turn the boat in a tight space,(burst of reverse to kick stern to port, then hard right rudder and forward, and u can spin in  a
                  boat length if no strong crosswind or current)
                  There is some vibration, but now that I have been on a few other boats of the same age, its seems about normal.
                  Not sure you ever get 100% free of vibration with the little diesels.

                  Hope this helps

                  JP
                  On Sep 14, 2013, at 11:42 AM, mcclurejsteven wrote:

                  I would like to get a quote on some of the props you mentioned. I looked in the ownwer's manual on this site, but where can you find the gear ratio, shaft size and rotation info requested on the quote form?
                  Thanks,
                  Steve

                  --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, sailingmaster@... wrote:

                  > I HAVE A MARTEC ON MY BOAT NOW, I WISH I HAD SAVED A LITTLE LONGER
                  > AND BOUGHT A VARIFOLD, MAX PROP OR GORI... THE MARTEC VIBRATES A BIT
                  > BUT OTHEWISE ITS PRETTY GOOD.
                  >
                  > I ORIGINALLY TRIED TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS AND BOUGHT A MARTEC 16X14 OFF
                  > OF EBAY. THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PROP THAT JBOAT/TPI PUT ON THE BOAT AND
                  > ITS A BIT OVERPROPED BUT STILL GOOD.
                  > THE REASON WHY I WENT NEW IS THAT THIS PROP NEEDS TO BE BALANCED.
                  >
                  > I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME OF MY MONEY BACK AND WOULD SELL IT FAIRLY
                  > CHEAP IF YOU JUST WANTED A PROP TO GET YOU BY FOR A SEASON OR TWO. I
                  > COULD HAVE MY MARINA GET IT BALANCED AND SHIP IT OUT IN AWEEK IF YOU
                  > ARE INTERSTED. I ALSO HAVE AN OLDER 3 BLADE PROP THAT CAME WITH MY
                  > BOAT (FIXED) ITS A BIT MUCH, BUT AGAIN YOU COULD GET BY WITH IT IN A
                  > PINCH. I WILL GIVE YOU THE THREE BLADE IF YOU WANT TO BUY MY MARTEC.
                  >
                  > YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT SAILINGMASTER@...
                  >
                  > GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE A 28, WELCOME TO THE CULT! YOU WILL LOVE THE
                  > BOAT!
                  >
                  > JP
                  >
                  > On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, wymanfrank wrote:
                  >
                  > > My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've
                  > > got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop
                  > > is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding
                  > > (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and
                  > > I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've
                  > > decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year or
                  > > so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on makes/
                  > > models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3 blade?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > > Frank

                • Jeff Keen
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 15, 2013
                    I can second JP's response that the prop is RH rotation on a 1.00 inch shaft.  I have an original Kanzaki transmission with a 2.62 to 1 reduction ratio.  On my boat, this information is posted on the transmission unit.  I also have an old Martec and am looking to make a change.  Will be interested to hear about your experience.

                    Jeff Keen

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 15, 2013
                      2.62 :1  sounds familiar

                      There is a huge difference between the martec 16x14 and 16x12  id have to see a HUGE differnece to spend 2k on a folding prop
                      just m 2 cents, then again, as I have mentioned before, i have always been a dinghy sailor...a j24 used to seem huge, so what do i know lol

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 16, 2013
                        Hi Steve. Welcome aboard.   I had the Martec and then the Gori in my J29. The Gori was vastly superior to the Martec. Now I have a J28 with a Max Prop. In my book the Max Prop is superior to the others. Offers more punch, stops better, backs better and is vibration free.

                        On Sep 14, 2013, at 11:42 AM, "mcclurejsteven" <mcclurejsteven@...> wrote:

                        I would like to get a quote on some of the props you mentioned. I looked in the ownwer's manual on this site, but where can you find the gear ratio, shaft size and rotation info requested on the quote form?
                        Thanks,
                        Steve

                        --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, sailingmaster@... wrote:

                        > I HAVE A MARTEC ON MY BOAT NOW, I WISH I HAD SAVED A LITTLE LONGER
                        > AND BOUGHT A VARIFOLD, MAX PROP OR GORI... THE MARTEC VIBRATES A BIT
                        > BUT OTHEWISE ITS PRETTY GOOD.
                        >
                        > I ORIGINALLY TRIED TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS AND BOUGHT A MARTEC 16X14 OFF
                        > OF EBAY. THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PROP THAT JBOAT/TPI PUT ON THE BOAT AND
                        > ITS A BIT OVERPROPED BUT STILL GOOD.
                        > THE REASON WHY I WENT NEW IS THAT THIS PROP NEEDS TO BE BALANCED.
                        >
                        > I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME OF MY MONEY BACK AND WOULD SELL IT FAIRLY
                        > CHEAP IF YOU JUST WANTED A PROP TO GET YOU BY FOR A SEASON OR TWO. I
                        > COULD HAVE MY MARINA GET IT BALANCED AND SHIP IT OUT IN AWEEK IF YOU
                        > ARE INTERSTED. I ALSO HAVE AN OLDER 3 BLADE PROP THAT CAME WITH MY
                        > BOAT (FIXED) ITS A BIT MUCH, BUT AGAIN YOU COULD GET BY WITH IT IN A
                        > PINCH. I WILL GIVE YOU THE THREE BLADE IF YOU WANT TO BUY MY MARTEC.
                        >
                        > YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT SAILINGMASTER@...
                        >
                        > GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE A 28, WELCOME TO THE CULT! YOU WILL LOVE THE
                        > BOAT!
                        >
                        > JP
                        >
                        > On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, wymanfrank wrote:
                        >
                        > > My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've
                        > > got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop
                        > > is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding
                        > > (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and
                        > > I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've
                        > > decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year or
                        > > so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on makes/
                        > > models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3 blade?
                        > >
                        > > Thanks!
                        > > Frank

                      • John Power
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 16, 2013
                          I'm getting a max prop as soon as I can afford the price!

                          Then again why use an engine when u have perfectly good sails!

                          Nice to see u have resurfaced David!

                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 17, 2013
                            Hello All,

                            Yes, I am back and thanks, John, for the welcome. There has been a lot of discussion this year about whether or not one can survive for extended periods of time on a J28 and also on the merits of shoal draft vs fin keel. So, I am reporting on my experience living on and racing my shoal draft J28 this past summer.

                            I lived on my boat up on Lake ontario from mid June until the middle of August (spending only one night not on the boat) and found it perfectly satisfactory. Very comfortable and accommodating. During regattas I had crew also living on the boat and that worked fine as well. Most evenings i was moored or anchored. So, I am now testament to the fact that one can live comfortably for extended periods of time on a J28.

                            I am also pleased to report that the shoal draft model performs just as well as the fin keel version.
                            I raced against a fin keel J28 at the EYC regatta in Canada and we beat him handily in the long distance race (25 miles) coming in 3rd in our division of 11 boats ranging from 22' to 38' but only the one other J28. In the course racing (5 races over two days) the fin keel J28 edged us out and got a 2nd while we got a 3rd - an Abbot 36 took 1st. We were pretty much dead even with the fin keel J28 upwind but he was a little faster off the wind. He had a new 155 genoa and whisker pole while we had a 149 nearly new genoa and no pole. Bottom line, the shoal draft is totally competitive with the fin keel. I am pleased.

                            I crossed the lake (Ontario) one day in steady 25 knots gusting to 35 and a couple of times higher, 8 foot seas and occasional thunder squalls and the boat handled beautifully. I put a single reef in the main and used the 149% Kevlar genoa.

                            Finally, I placed first in a Hospice regatta which also had 11 boats but no J's. I raced in white sail division, by the way. So, the boat goes and all that talk on our web site about the shoal draft version not being up to snuff, I say phooey! My PHRF rating, by the way turned out to be only 3 seconds behind the fin keel j28. I felt there should have been more separation when I was given that rating, but after racing, I think it is more than fair.

                            I am already planning to sail the boat from Lake Ontario to St Pete, Florida next season where I hope to keep her year 'round in the future. I have attached a picture taken by a friend in another boat as I was passing by this past summer.

                            Nice looking sails, don't you think?

                            Dave Hastings, "Headroom"

                            On Sep 16, 2013, at 10:38 AM, John Power <sailingmaster@...> wrote:

                            I'm getting a max prop as soon as I can afford the price!

                            Then again why use an engine when u have perfectly good sails!

                            Nice to see u have resurfaced David!

                            On Sep 16, 2013, at 10:06 AM, David Hastings <david.hastings@...> wrote:

                            Hi Steve. Welcome aboard.   I had the Martec and then the Gori in my J29. The Gori was vastly superior to the Martec. Now I have a J28 with a Max Prop. In my book the Max Prop is superior to the others. Offers more punch, stops better, backs better and is vibration free.

                            On Sep 14, 2013, at 11:42 AM, "mcclurejsteven" <mcclurejsteven@...> wrote:

                            I would like to get a quote on some of the props you mentioned. I looked in the ownwer's manual on this site, but where can you find the gear ratio, shaft size and rotation info requested on the quote form?
                            Thanks,
                            Steve

                            --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, sailingmaster@... wrote:

                            > I HAVE A MARTEC ON MY BOAT NOW, I WISH I HAD SAVED A LITTLE LONGER
                            > AND BOUGHT A VARIFOLD, MAX PROP OR GORI... THE MARTEC VIBRATES A BIT
                            > BUT OTHEWISE ITS PRETTY GOOD.
                            >
                            > I ORIGINALLY TRIED TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS AND BOUGHT A MARTEC 16X14 OFF
                            > OF EBAY. THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PROP THAT JBOAT/TPI PUT ON THE BOAT AND
                            > ITS A BIT OVERPROPED BUT STILL GOOD.
                            > THE REASON WHY I WENT NEW IS THAT THIS PROP NEEDS TO BE BALANCED.
                            >
                            > I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME OF MY MONEY BACK AND WOULD SELL IT FAIRLY
                            > CHEAP IF YOU JUST WANTED A PROP TO GET YOU BY FOR A SEASON OR TWO. I
                            > COULD HAVE MY MARINA GET IT BALANCED AND SHIP IT OUT IN AWEEK IF YOU
                            > ARE INTERSTED. I ALSO HAVE AN OLDER 3 BLADE PROP THAT CAME WITH MY
                            > BOAT (FIXED) ITS A BIT MUCH, BUT AGAIN YOU COULD GET BY WITH IT IN A
                            > PINCH. I WILL GIVE YOU THE THREE BLADE IF YOU WANT TO BUY MY MARTEC.
                            >
                            > YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT SAILINGMASTER@...
                            >
                            > GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE A 28, WELCOME TO THE CULT! YOU WILL LOVE THE
                            > BOAT!
                            >
                            > JP
                            >
                            > On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, wymanfrank wrote:
                            >
                            > > My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've
                            > > got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop
                            > > is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding
                            > > (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and
                            > > I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've
                            > > decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year or
                            > > so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on makes/
                            > > models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3 blade?
                            > >
                            > > Thanks!
                            > > Frank

                          • wmluoma
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 17, 2013
                              I lived aboard my J/28 in 2001 during Summer delivery from Maine to the Chesapeake which included a month’s stay in Newport, and then again during delivery from Annapolis to Key West in Spring-Summer 2003. that trip took 30 days (22 on the water) and I spent an additional two months living aboard in the Navy marina at Boca Chica. I had a max crew of 3 during the deliveries but was solo in port. fortunately, I had installed AC (Mermaid 6500 BTU unit under the V-berth - fits nicely, cools (and heats) the boat quickly and the extra weight up forward helps downwind performance) for the trip down south and was able to withstand the insects and tropical heat pretty comfortably (also had a tarp that covered most of the boat). without AC, it would have been a little bit hard to take although there were other live-aboards in Key West who were able to do it without AC but not my preference.

                              best,
                              marc

                              Sent from Windows Mail

> [...]

                                Finally, I placed first in a Hospice regatta which also had 11 boats but no J's. I raced in white sail division, by the way. So, the boat goes and all that talk on our web site about the shoal draft version not being up to snuff, I say phooey! My PHRF rating, by the way turned out to be only 3 seconds behind the fin keel j28. I felt there should have been more separation when I was given that rating, but after racing, I think it is more than fair.

                                I am already planning to sail the boat from Lake Ontario to St Pete, Florida next season where I hope to keep her year 'round in the future. I have attached a picture taken by a friend in another boat as I was passing by this past summer.

                                <image.jpeg>
                                Nice looking sails, don't you think?

                                Dave Hastings, "Headroom"

                                On Sep 16, 2013, at 10:38 AM, John Power <sailingmaster@...> wrote:

                                I'm getting a max prop as soon as I can afford the price!

                                Then again why use an engine when u have perfectly good sails!

                                Nice to see u have resurfaced David!

                                On Sep 16, 2013, at 10:06 AM, David Hastings <david.hastings@...> wrote:

                                Hi Steve. Welcome aboard.   I had the Martec and then the Gori in my J29. The Gori was vastly superior to the Martec. Now I have a J28 with a Max Prop. In my book the Max Prop is superior to the others. Offers more punch, stops better, backs better and is vibration free.

                                On Sep 14, 2013, at 11:42 AM, "mcclurejsteven" <mcclurejsteven@...> wrote:

                                I would like to get a quote on some of the props you mentioned. I looked in the ownwer's manual on this site, but where can you find the gear ratio, shaft size and rotation info requested on the quote form?
                                Thanks,
                                Steve

                                --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, sailingmaster@... wrote:

                                > I HAVE A MARTEC ON MY BOAT NOW, I WISH I HAD SAVED A LITTLE LONGER
                                > AND BOUGHT A VARIFOLD, MAX PROP OR GORI... THE MARTEC VIBRATES A BIT
                                > BUT OTHEWISE ITS PRETTY GOOD.
                                >
                                > I ORIGINALLY TRIED TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS AND BOUGHT A MARTEC 16X14 OFF
                                > OF EBAY. THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PROP THAT JBOAT/TPI PUT ON THE BOAT AND
                                > ITS A BIT OVERPROPED BUT STILL GOOD.
                                > THE REASON WHY I WENT NEW IS THAT THIS PROP NEEDS TO BE BALANCED.
                                >
                                > I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME OF MY MONEY BACK AND WOULD SELL IT FAIRLY
                                > CHEAP IF YOU JUST WANTED A PROP TO GET YOU BY FOR A SEASON OR TWO. I
                                > COULD HAVE MY MARINA GET IT BALANCED AND SHIP IT OUT IN AWEEK IF YOU
                                > ARE INTERSTED. I ALSO HAVE AN OLDER 3 BLADE PROP THAT CAME WITH MY
                                > BOAT (FIXED) ITS A BIT MUCH, BUT AGAIN YOU COULD GET BY WITH IT IN A
                                > PINCH. I WILL GIVE YOU THE THREE BLADE IF YOU WANT TO BUY MY MARTEC.
                                >
                                > YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT SAILINGMASTER@...
                                >
                                > GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE A 28, WELCOME TO THE CULT! YOU WILL LOVE THE
                                > BOAT!
                                >
                                > JP
                                >
                                > On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, wymanfrank wrote:
                                >
                                > > My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've
                                > > got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop
                                > > is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding
                                > > (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and
                                > > I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've
                                > > decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year or
                                > > so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on makes/
                                > > models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3 blade?
                                > >
                                > > Thanks!
                                > > Frank

                                <image.jpeg>
                              • Frank Wyman
                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 18, 2013
                                  Excellent info!  And great picture.  Would like to know when you're in Charleston SC next year...maybe it coincides with a CORA race or some such fun event...

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Sep 18, 2013
                                    Sounds great, Frank. Let me know the schedule when time gets closer. I don't know my schedule yet.

> [...]

                                    > PINCH. I WILL GIVE YOU THE THREE BLADE IF YOU WANT TO BUY MY MARTEC.
                                    >
                                    > YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT SAILINGMASTER@...
                                    >
                                    > GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE A 28, WELCOME TO THE CULT! YOU WILL LOVE THE
                                    > BOAT!
                                    >
                                    > JP
                                    >
                                    > On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, wymanfrank wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've
                                    > > got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop
                                    > > is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding
                                    > > (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and
                                    > > I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've
                                    > > decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year or
                                    > > so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on makes/
                                    > > models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3 blade?

                                  • william luoma

> [...]

                                      > PINCH. I WILL GIVE YOU THE THREE BLADE IF YOU WANT TO BUY MY MARTEC.
                                      >
                                      > YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT SAILINGMASTER@...
                                      >
                                      > GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE A 28, WELCOME TO THE CULT! YOU WILL LOVE THE
                                      > BOAT!
                                      >
                                      > JP
                                      >
                                      > On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, wymanfrank wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've
                                      > > got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop
                                      > > is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding
                                      > > (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and
                                      > > I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've
                                      > > decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year or
                                      > > so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on makes/
                                      > > models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3 blade?

                                    • william luoma