Re: spinnaker

  • drabin76
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
      Thanks Bill but I am looking for a symmetrical kite.

      - Dan

      --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "William Kellett" <w.kellett@...> wrote:

      > Dan,
      >

      > I have a new ?? gennacker that came with the S28 I just bought. Looks great
      > and unused, has a snuffer and a turtle.
      >

      > Bill

    • Larry Propes
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
        I bought my J28 this Jan. and to my surprise it came with a spinnaker. I was surprised because I had raced against this boat in my Morgan 27 for 20 years in a non-spinnaker division. It is by UK (yellow,white,blue) and looks to be in very good condition with no sign of repairs. I also have the pole and 2 Mylar genoas ( 150 and 155 I think) by UK one being a tape drive and the are also in very good condition. These predate the conversion to roller furling. I bought the boat from the first and only owner through his family so I am very short on information about the boat and the sails. If interested call me at 803-787-0303. This is a fresh water boat in South Carolina.

        Larry #16

        Sent from my iPad
      • Frank Wyman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
          Maybe yes.  Closing on 28 now.   Havnet seen the spin but apparently comes with.  I personally don't like messing with em, hsad to many issues in races, and Im just fine in D fleet.  so.... I should know in a week.
          Frank Wyman
          SC
          (new member)