Hull #48

  • William
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
      Hi, I've been lurking here for awhile. I'm the former owner of hull #48, sailed it for 15 years or so on the Chesapeake. When it was sold, it went to Louisiana. Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows of its whereabouts. It was named Blue Moon, and had a dark blue hull.

      Bill
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
        I only wish I had a Dark Blue one...they are sweet

        There is currently a blue one for sale on Long Island and I talked with one owner on the cheasapeake (smith?) that aslo had a blue one...maybe on of those is yours

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
          Has anyone else seen this?

          David Hastings posted that he had a J29 and some water seeped in from the keel bolts and froze.  That is one theory, however my boat did not have this "hole' in the spring,
          but it was there when I hauled out in the fall.  So it did not happen from freezing temps over winter, or so one might think.

          My boat yard thinks it was just an airbubble in the lead and said to epoxy it closed...

          any thoughts?

          I am almost done re coring my deck at the chain plates, I will post those pics soon

          Launching April 27  whoooo hoooo, time to sail and NOT sand!!!!

          jp

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
              Bill,
              I only know of two J/28s in Louisiana. My boat, Voodoo Child, is hull #22. Also in New Orleans is Cookie Monster, J/28 #42. I'll let you know if I come across #48. I've heard there is a third here on Lake Pontchartrain, but I've not seen it, and it's not on the GYA PHRF listing. I'll let you know if I come across it.
              Regards,
              Tom Quinlan