Re: Lettering Sizes

  • drabin76
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2013
      Thanks - I can't measure the transom / ladder gap right now because of the shrink wrap.

      --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, sailingmaster@... wrote:

      > i could measure for you if you like, I had a pro do mine and it was
      > worth it. (not very expensive)
      >
      > If you have USCG doc, there is a legal minimum size that the lettering
      > must be.
      >
      > JP
      > On Mar 27, 2013, at 2:08 PM, drabin76 wrote:
      >
      > > Anyone know the size of the lettering you've used for the Name and
      > > Port on the transom?

    • jhoagg123
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2013
        I just did mine so I know the letter sizes. The name on my transom is in letters 8 inches tall, and the hailing port name is in letters 3 inches tall. There is a picture of the transom in my posted photos, so you can see what these sizes look like. I think my port name size might not comply with USCG regulations, but my boat is not USCG documented, so I just chose the size I liked. Cost me $25, and about 1/2 hour work to apply.