Re: [J28Sailors] Lettering Sizes

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27 1:34 PM
      i could measure for you if you like, I had a pro do mine and it was worth it. (not very expensive)

      If you have USCG doc, there is a legal minimum size that the lettering must be.

      JP
      On Mar 27, 2013, at 2:08 PM, drabin76 wrote:

      Anyone know the size of the lettering you've used for the Name and Port on the transom?

    • drabin76
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27 1:38 PM
        Thanks - I can't measure the transom / ladder gap right now because of the shrink wrap.

        --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, sailingmaster@... wrote:

        > i could measure for you if you like, I had a pro do mine and it was
        > worth it. (not very expensive)
        >
        > If you have USCG doc, there is a legal minimum size that the lettering
        > must be.
        >
        > JP
        > On Mar 27, 2013, at 2:08 PM, drabin76 wrote:
        >
        > > Anyone know the size of the lettering you've used for the Name and
        > > Port on the transom?

      • jhoagg123
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28 5:29 AM
          I just did mine so I know the letter sizes. The name on my transom is in letters 8 inches tall, and the hailing port name is in letters 3 inches tall. There is a picture of the transom in my posted photos, so you can see what these sizes look like. I think my port name size might not comply with USCG regulations, but my boat is not USCG documented, so I just chose the size I liked. Cost me $25, and about 1/2 hour work to apply.