Lettering Sizes

  • drabin76
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2013
      Anyone know the size of the lettering you've used for the Name and Port on the transom?
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2013
        i could measure for you if you like, I had a pro do mine and it was worth it. (not very expensive)

        If you have USCG doc, there is a legal minimum size that the lettering must be.

        JP

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27, 2013
          Thanks - I can't measure the transom / ladder gap right now because of the shrink wrap.

          --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, sailingmaster@... wrote:

          > i could measure for you if you like, I had a pro do mine and it was
          > worth it. (not very expensive)
          >
          > If you have USCG doc, there is a legal minimum size that the lettering
          > must be.
          >
          > JP
          > On Mar 27, 2013, at 2:08 PM, drabin76 wrote:
          >
          > > Anyone know the size of the lettering you've used for the Name and
          > > Port on the transom?

        • jhoagg123
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 28, 2013
            I just did mine so I know the letter sizes. The name on my transom is in letters 8 inches tall, and the hailing port name is in letters 3 inches tall. There is a picture of the transom in my posted photos, so you can see what these sizes look like. I think my port name size might not comply with USCG regulations, but my boat is not USCG documented, so I just chose the size I liked. Cost me $25, and about 1/2 hour work to apply.