Re: [J28Sailors] Introduction - New Member

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2012
      Tell me about it. Will it work okay on a furler?

      On Nov 16, 2012, at 6:39 PM, J Smith <jason3317@...> wrote:

      David: I have a 155 that is brand-new carbon aramid laminate sail.  let me know if you're interested

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 16, 2012, at 5:04 PM, David Hastings <david.hastings@...> wrote:

      I'm interested in a 155 genoa that will work on roller furling. Anyone let me know if you have one for sale.

      On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:08 AM, "jhoagg123" <jhoagg123@...> wrote:

      Hi,
      I just joined this group. I bought the J 28 that was for sale in Port Charlotte Fl. The boat needs some work, but is in great shape overall. I was originally looking for something in the 32-34 ft range, but couldn't be happier that I bought the J 28. Will be cruising Charlotte Harbor and the southwest coastal Gulf. Was out in 20 kt winds this weekend and fell in love with the performance and handling of the J 28. The boat came with a couple excellent condition racing sails that I don't need. If any of you racers are looking for a high performance (mylar) 155 genoa or 100%. battened jib let me know. I'll try not to pester the group with too many questions.

      Easy One-Click Tool to Speed Up Your Computer
      Click here to see offers - http://store.JUNO.com/

      Improve Your PC Security & Performance
      Click here to see offers - http://store.JUNO.com/
    • jhoagg123
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2012
        David,
        The Mylar 155 I have for sale bends on the furler but would need UV protection added at the leech.

        --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, David Hastings <david.hastings@...> wrote:

        > Tell me about it. Will it work okay on a furler?
        >
        > Sent from my iPad
        >
        > David L. Hastings
        > 5608 W. Woodside Dr.
        > Crystal River, FL 34429
        > Home: 352-794-6440
        > Cell: 315-345-2078
        >
        > On Nov 16, 2012, at 6:39 PM, J Smith <jason3317@...> wrote:
        >
        > > David: I have a 155 that is brand-new carbon aramid laminate sail. let me know if you're interested
        > >
        > > Sent from my iPhone
        > >
        > > On Nov 16, 2012, at 5:04 PM, David Hastings <david.hastings@...> wrote:
        > >

        > >> I'm interested in a 155 genoa that will work on roller furling. Anyone let me know if you have one for sale.
        > >>
        > >> Sent from my iPad
        > >>
        > >> David L. Hastings
        > >> 5608 W. Woodside Dr.
        > >> Crystal River, FL 34429
        > >> Home: 352-794-6440
        > >> Cell: 315-345-2078

        > > Improve Your PC Security & Performance
        > > Click here to see offers - http://store.JUNO.com/

      • taylorbj28
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2012
          Jason,

          Does the 155% have luff tape to fit onto the Harken furler? Would the furling drum have to be removed? Who made the sail?

          Thank you, Brad Taylor