Primary winches (Barient 21 STC)

  • thconway1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2009
      This year I was cleaning my Barient 21 STC two speed self tailing winch when the smaller spring popped overboard. I searched for a replacment and found the Barient parts through West Marine. While those parts will work on the winches on the cabin top, the primaries have a smaller paw and spring that can not be found anywhere.

      I contacted the last hope for Barient parts, AUSTRALIAN YACHT WINCH P/L, and they did not have the part either. I had to take a larger spring and work it to fit into the smaller paw. Please be sure not to lose those small paws as I was unable to find any replacements. I can bend a spring, but I can not machine a paw, so I was lucky I did not lose the paw.

      Overall, the winches were in good shape inside.