RE: [J28Sailors] Spinnaker Wanted

    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 13, 2012
      Have you considered a used J30 spinnaker? It is about 10% wider than what a J28 spinnaker would be, so you would need a longer pole and probably get 3 seconds taken off your handicap, but there are a lot of J30s out there. I think ISP is the same for both boats.

      Roy

      To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
      From: taylorbj28@...
      Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 01:54:35 +0000
      Subject: [J28Sailors] Spinnaker Wanted

      I am looking for a used spinnaker for my J 28 for Wednesday night racing. Thank you. Brad Taylor

      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 15, 2012
        Brad, I have three spinnakers, one my original pretty good, One used J30 chute thats pretty beat and a another one that's pretty decent I bought off ebay that fits our boat. The J30 chute I raced with for 1 1/2 years with the standard pole, it needs a good repair due to the cabintop cleat. With the repair it's a good practice chute Oh and it has a good launch bag. $100. The chute I got off ebay fly's really well, I thinks it's .5oz material, no bag. $250. $300 for both.

        Roy, The J30 chute fit real well but they are hard to come by for a reasonable price.

        jfws88@...

        John

        > Have you considered a used J30 spinnaker? It is about 10% wider than what a J28 spinnaker would be, so you would need a longer pole and probably get 3 seconds taken off your handicap, but there are a lot of J30s out there. I think ISP is the same for both boats. Roy
        > To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
        > From: taylorbj28@...
        > Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 01:54:35 +0000
        > Subject: [J28Sailors] Spinnaker Wanted

        > I am looking for a used spinnaker for my J 28 for Wednesday night racing. Thank you. Brad Taylor

      • john power
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 15, 2012
          FYI

          There has been a cut down (flattter) chute for sale on the J30 page for quite some time. Its farily new and I think the price is around 400.  I was considering buying it, but I don't know if it would make much difference over my current j28 chute (most of the time this kite seems pretty small and fasterwith the 150 alone, but if it gets windy its great, I think a bigger sail might be too much with a small crew)

          Thoughts from the crowd?  I also thought about an assym, but the foretriangle is so small I dont know if it would be any better or easier than the traditional kite.

          JP
          On Nov 15, 2012, at 2:31 PM, John wrote:

          Brad, I have three spinnakers, one my original pretty good, One used J30 chute thats pretty beat and a another one that's pretty decent I bought off ebay that fits our boat. The J30 chute I raced with for 1 1/2 years with the standard pole, it needs a good repair due to the cabintop cleat. With the repair it's a good practice chute Oh and it has a good launch bag. $100. The chute I got off ebay fly's really well, I thinks it's .5oz material, no bag. $250. $300 for both.

          Roy, The J30 chute fit real well but they are hard to come by for a reasonable price.

          jfws88@...

          John

          > Have you considered a used J30 spinnaker? It is about 10% wider than what a J28 spinnaker would be, so you would need a longer pole and probably get 3 seconds taken off your handicap, but there are a lot of J30s out there. I think ISP is the same for both boats. Roy
          > To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
          > From: taylorbj28@...
          > Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 01:54:35 +0000
          > Subject: [J28Sailors] Spinnaker Wanted

          > I am looking for a used spinnaker for my J 28 for Wednesday night racing. Thank you. Brad Taylor

        • jhoagg123
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 16, 2012
            Hi,
            I have an excellent condition Quantum .75 cloth weight radial symmetric for sale. Made for the J 28, complete with bag, etc. I don't race so don't need it. Jeff H. (New member).

            --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, john power <sailingmaster@...> wrote:

            > FYI
            >
            > There has been a cut down (flattter) chute for sale on the J30 page
            > for quite some time. Its farily new and I think the price is around
            > 400. I was considering buying it, but I don't know if it would make
            > much difference over my current j28 chute (most of the time this kite
            > seems pretty small and fasterwith the 150 alone, but if it gets windy
            > its great, I think a bigger sail might be too much with a small crew)
            >
            > Thoughts from the crowd? I also thought about an assym, but the
            > foretriangle is so small I dont know if it would be any better or
            > easier than the traditional kite.
            >
            > JP
            > On Nov 15, 2012, at 2:31 PM, John wrote:
            >
            > > Brad, I have three spinnakers, one my original pretty good, One used
            > > J30 chute thats pretty beat and a another one that's pretty decent I
            > > bought off ebay that fits our boat. The J30 chute I raced with for 1
            > > 1/2 years with the standard pole, it needs a good repair due to the
            > > cabintop cleat. With the repair it's a good practice chute Oh and it
            > > has a good launch bag. $100. The chute I got off ebay fly's really
            > > well, I thinks it's .5oz material, no bag. $250. $300 for both.
            > >
            > > Roy, The J30 chute fit real well but they are hard to come by for a
            > > reasonable price.
            > >
            > > jfws88@...
            > >
            > > John
            > >
            > > --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, Roy Briscoe <roysail@> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Have you considered a used J30 spinnaker? It is about 10% wider
            > > than what a J28 spinnaker would be, so you would need a longer pole
            > > and probably get 3 seconds taken off your handicap, but there are a
            > > lot of J30s out there. I think ISP is the same for both boats. Roy
            > > > To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
            > > > From: taylorbj28@
            > > > Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 01:54:35 +0000
            > > > Subject: [J28Sailors] Spinnaker Wanted

            > > > I am looking for a used spinnaker for my J 28 for Wednesday night
            > > racing. Thank you. Brad Taylor

          • taylorbj28
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 19, 2012
              Jeff,

              How much would you like for the Quantum chute? What color is it?

              Thanks,
              Brad

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 21, 2012
                Brad,
                The chute is white and red -a very light reddish color in the middle panels. Red and blue edges along the leech and luff. I think $450 would be a fair price. It is a very well made Quantum sail in good condition. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Jeff H.

                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 21, 2012
                  I'm interested as well

                  how old is the chute? where are u located?

                  Thanks

                  JP

                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 21, 2012
                    Jeff,

                    That sounds fair. Do you have sheets and a pole to sell as well?

                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 22, 2012
                      Hi,
                      The sail was made in 2004. My wife says the middle panel colors are a "hot" red almost pinkish color. Very racey. I am in Punta Gorda Florida.

                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 22, 2012
                        Brad,
                        I have a complete correct size Forespar aluminum pole. I would ask $200 for it. Includes stanchion chocks for deck stowage. In fact, somehow I ended up with two of these Forespar aluminum poles, in case anyone else is interested in one. I think I have sheets, but will have to check. Jeff

                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 23, 2012
                          Jeff, Is there a way to ship the pole? Brad

                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 24, 2012
                            Brad,
                            I'm sure there's a way to ship a pole. Call me to discuss if you like. 217-801-4699

                          • propeslarry
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jan 22, 2013
                              --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "taylorbj28" wrote:

                              > I am looking for a used spinnaker for my J 28 for Wednesday night racing. Thank you. Brad Taylor

                              I have a spinnaker ( UK ) and pole. If still looking call me at 803- 787-0303
                            • taylorbj28
                              Message 14 of 21 , Feb 3, 2013
                                --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "propeslarry" wrote:

                                > --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "taylorbj28" wrote:
                                > >
                                > > I am looking for a used spinnaker for my J 28 for Wednesday night racing. Thank you. Brad Taylor
                                > >
                                > I have a spinnaker ( UK ) and pole. If still looking call me at 803- 787-0303

                                I bought a used chute but might want another. What color is the chute (my other sails are UK) how much would you like for it and the pole? Where are you located?

                                Thanks,
                                Brad
                              • taylorbj28
                                Message 15 of 21 , Apr 29 4:58 PM
                                  Jeff,

                                  Do you still have the spinnaker pole? Is it a 2 1/2" or 3" diameter?

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Apr 30 6:47 PM
                                    Brad,
                                    Forespar spinnaker pole is 2 1/2 inch diameter. Jeff H 217-801-4699

                                    Message 17 of 21 , May 2, 2013
                                      Jeff,

                                      I would like to buy one of your spinnaker poles. How do we handle the shipping? Could be substantial $. Also, How is your pole downhaul rigged?

                                      Message 18 of 21 , May 2, 2013
                                        Brad,
                                        Send me an email and we can discuss specifics of shipping, downhaul, etc. My email address is: jhoagg@... Thanks.

                                        Message 19 of 21 , May 2, 2013
                                          Brad
                                          Apparently Yahoo censors email addresses? here's my number again: 217-801-4699

                                          Message 20 of 21 , May 5, 2013
                                            If anyone else needs a spinnaker pole, I have another one in great shape and complete. Can send pics of it.