Re: Bleeding the fuel system - Success!

  • mcclurejsteven@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 4, 2012
      Ok, it is easy once you've finally done it! My problem was that I wasn't rotating the lever on the lift pump far enough. From the starting horizontal position (say 9 o'clock) down to about seven o'clock, there was no resistance. I assumed that the diaphragm was bad. I finally called my local diesel service tech and he talked me through it on the phone. He said that there should be noticeable resistance on the lever. I went back and found out that the lever worked the pump from about seven o'clock through five o'clock. Things really speeded up after that! I bleed it at the secondary filter, gave it a turn and it has been running sweetly ever since. Thanks for all your help.

      Steve