Re: [J28Sailors] RE: Leaky Companionway Hatch, sails and other items?

  • Tommy Koe
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 14, 2012
      Hey Dave,

      That is great!!  Sounds like all that hard work has finally paid off.  When you were "bucking upwind" against other boats, what kinda boats you talking about?  just curious.

      It is really nice to know that a 28 fter can handle that kind of wind conditions and still be a joy to sail.  Everyday, it seems that i find something else that i like about the J/28.  I have been tirelessly working on my wife about not settling for something "less expensive" and getting a boat that i believe we will enjoy for years.

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 14, 2012
        Tommy,

        Too busy to pay much attention but a couple of C&Cs, an S2, a couple of Sabers and numerous unknown. All in the 26 to 32 foot range. It was windy and the encounters were casual. But, it was enough to tell me the boat fully deserves its "pocket rocket" reputation and once again, no discern able problem with the shoal draft keel.