Re: [J28Sailors] Do we have a J28 from Oswego NY in the group?

  • john power
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2011
      Not sure what J28 you are lookign for but

      1) I have sailed on some Ensigns and J24s with Haarsticks and they are pretty nice sails.  I met one of the NY Reps at an a local Ensign Fleet regatta and he was great source of customer support and service.

      2) Alternatively, my boat came with a new DOYLE 3/4 batten Main and I love it. ITs a perfect sail.

      I think you would be happy with either loft.  IM pretty picky about my sails, as up until owning the 28 I was exclusively a racing sailor.  I have sailed on a bunch of boats with Haarsticks (the make a SWEET spin) and Doyles and I am really impressed with the stuff they turn out.  Its as good if not better as the bigger lofts (BLUE and Q)

      Another source of some nice sails, (more for racing than cruising I think) is ACE sails in New London. I have sailed on the owners J27 and he turns out some really nice sails as well.

      I would be curious as to your thoughts as this/next year I will be looking at Genoas and Spins

      JP
      On Nov 9, 2011, at 2:23 PM, roysail3 wrote:

      I'm looking to contact this J28. I heard you got a new main from Haarstick and wanted to see what you think of it, if you have had a chance to use it.

      Thanks