Re: Starter Cable

  • j28sailor50
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2009
      Lenny,

      I have still not checked the shore power breaker at my dock, but my boat is also wired with 12 gauge wire. I only hook up to shore power when I need it for power tools. I do not have a battery charger installed.

      I have thought of three possible options to fix the issue.
      1. Replace the wire with appropriate gauge (or add second wire you mentioned)

      2. Add another breaker or fuse in the storage area to protect the wire in the remainder of the boat. You will need to use 30 amp rated wire between the shore power connection and the new breaker.

      3. Have the marina replace the 30 amp breaker on shore with a 20 amp breaker.

      Bruce