HEAD REPLACEMENT

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2011
      OKAY, IM TALKING ABOUT THE MARINE HEAD...NOT THE SKIPPER'S, JUST THOUGHT I'D BEAT ANY WISEGUYS TO IT!

      I HAVE A NEW QUESTION,

      THE PREVIOUS OWNERS OF MY BOAT REPLACED THE HEAD. BUT IT APPEARS TO BE COMING UN ATTACHED FROM THE FIBERGLASS LINER. IT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN PUT IN WITH LARGE WOOD SCREWS AND NOT THRU BOLTED. IS THERE A WAY TO ACCES THE BOTTOM OF THE LINER, OR WAS THIS THE ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTION - I AM ASSUMING THERE IS SOME BACKING LAMINTATE IN THERE TO ATTACH TO

      THANKS

      JP
    • Kurt
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2011
        On my boat the head was also mounted with lag screws and not through bolted.  On top of that they were mild steel and not stainless so I had to replace them just due to corrosion.  In order to through bolt the head (with stainless bolts this time) I installed a round inspection plate to the right of the head.  There is enough space under the head's fiberglass pan since it steps up to a platform for the head.  I can't remember the size I used but it was similar to one of these.

        I used the largest one that I could find that would fit in that spot.

        Kurt