Re: Pulling the mast - wiring

  • Kurt
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2011
      I would also be curious. When I did some mast wiring (about 10 years ago) that tube didn't seem like it would come out too easily. I ended up using a 50 foot fish tape successfully but I would think it would be easier with the tube out.

      Kurt

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 10, 2011
        Hi,

        The tube just slid out. They only thing holding it up were the wires when they made a right angled turn out of the mast about 3-4(?) feet from the bottom. Thought it was a little weird that this is what held it up. But I put it back the same way and left 2 feet of slack for the mast head light wires up at the top, just in case the tube bounces.

        Roy

        To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
        From: jfws88@...
        Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:12:22 +0000
        Subject: [J28Sailors] Re: Pulling the mast - wiring

      • hansandsharon@aim.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 10, 2011
          Hi Roy,
          does the tube go all the up to the top or just to the Steaming/deck light?
          Did you drill a hole at the top of the mast?
          Thank's
          Hans.

          To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
          From: jfws88@...
          Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:12:22 +0000

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 11, 2011
            Hans,
            The tube goes to about 18 inches or so from the top. A hole was already drilled in the plate at the top of our mast for the anchor light.

            Roy

            To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com

            To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
            From: jfws88@...