Re: Owner's Manual

  • jason3317_04
    Message 1 of 9 , May 13, 2009
      Lenny, I have a manual that I beleive is mostly complete. I will try to scan at work first. If this doesn't work, I can mail you a copy to scan.

      --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "Lenny Reich" <lsreich@...> wrote:

      > When I got my J/28 last fall, it came with a few odd pages from the Owner's Manual. Now that I'm starting prep work to get the boat in the water, I really feel the lack of some basic information.
      >
      > The former owner, who bought my boat in 1990, is now in his mid-80s and doesn't recall where the rest of it is. I e-mailed J Boats last week to see if I could get a copy but have not heard back from them.
      >
      > Do other owners have a manual? Is there a way to make it generally available? One idea -- if someone sent me a paper copy, I could scan it and put up at the site.
      >
      > Lenny
      >
      > PS: On the dodger, I had one made about ten years ago for my Morgan 383 and really liked it. Check out this design:
      > http://www.geminicanvas.com/droptopdodgers.htm

    • j28sailor50
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 27, 2009
        Does anyone have a copy of the J/28 owner's manual that could be scanned and posted?
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 28, 2009
          I think I have a manual on the boat, but won't have access to it until next week. I should be able to scan it next weekend, if that helps.

          Pat and Roy

          To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
          From: misailor@...
          Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:21:08 +0000
          Subject: [J28Sailors] Owner's Manual

          Does anyone have a copy of the J/28 owner's manual that could be scanned and posted?

        • J. Smith
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 28, 2009
            Lenny - do you have this in electronic format. If so, maybe you can post?

            Thx.
            Jason
            From: Roy Briscoe <roysail@...>
            Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:35:22 +0000
            To: <j28sailors@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: RE: [J28Sailors] Owner's Manual

            To: J28Sailors@yahoogro ups.com
            From: misailor@aol. com
            Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:21:08 +0000

            Does anyone have a copy of the J/28 owner's manual that could be scanned and posted?

          • Lenny
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 29, 2009
              No, I never did scan the owner's manual. Roy and Pat have my copy, which is aboard their new boat.

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
                Roy,

                Anytime you get a chance to scan and post it would be great. I have never seen the manual and would like to have a copy.

                Thanks,
                Bruce

                --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "Lenny" <lsreich@...> wrote:

                > No, I never did scan the owner's manual. Roy and Pat have my copy, which is aboard their new boat.
                >
                > --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "J. Smith" <jason3317@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Lenny - do you have this in electronic format. If so, maybe you can post?
                > >
                > > Thx.
                > > Jason

              • Philip Stathos
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
                  Just closed on the purchase of J28 #58 Spindrift last week.

                  Very excited about finding the J28 and discovering the forum which has great information.

                  Our odyssey to buy a boat began over a year ago and included consideration of  2 Sabre 30 Mark III's, 2 Frers 30's, Lenny's (of this Forum) J28 which was a great boat, and finally on Hull #58 J28 Spindrift which was sailed out of Marblehead since it was built in '87.

                  We plan on sailing out of Marion, MA where we have kept two previous boats, (a C&C 25 and a C&C 34).  Open invitation to J28 sailors visiting Buzzards Bay and Marion!

                  I have a crew of three small boys 10,7,5 so the goal is getting them out on the water before other activities try crowd out sailing.  We have motivated them through the Disney movie "Morning Light", which I highly recommend to all in the sailing community.

                  Have many projects to complete before spring and look forward to getting advice from the group.

                  Regards,

                  Phil

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 7, 2009
                    I did get the 75 page manual scanned in but haven't posted it yet on the site. I'll work on that this week. I may have problems posting the whole manual in one file because of the size, but I have a backup plan to post it in 10-15 page increments, which is how I scanned it in.

                    To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
                    From: misailor@...
                    Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:56:13 +0000