Re: [J28Sailors] Re: Hi everybody, just joined and wanted to say Hi!

  • Juan Soriano
    Message 1 of 12 , May 7, 2009
      They don't cost that much more , I have the actual reciepts at the boat, but I think the jib was around $2400.00 and the main $2800.00. The problem is longevity, I went thru that jib in four years ( and we didn't race but once or twice a month). The main may go for 6 or 8 if your reaaly careful. I sailed her originally with old dacrons and a fully battened main dacron. She just seemed more agile with the kevlars, and like I said before since there is very litle strech , you could see changes due to trim much easier and quicker. One other thing was since the kevlar sails don't give as much, I had to re-do the rigging,replaced the old swages with sta-locs before using the kevlars. Its still a tough decision, but the kevlars do look really nice!