Re: J 28 Shaol Keel Wanted

  • frank
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2010
      Thanks for your thoughts and concerns Jason.We are 'minimilist' cruisers. One cruise was on a 1960 Pearson Ariel 26 I restored, then a Flicka 20 and now a Compac 25. Size is fine. Speed would be great ;-)
      While I've never sailed one...they are not a 'super light' racer and I 'think' if properly reefed...could handle themselves well. The trip I propose has several 20 to 60 hour crossings...all within a decent forcast window. All 3 boats mentioned had 20 or 25 gallon water tanks. The J would seem huge ;-) I have sun shades made with a hose bib to fill tanks during rain. A pump-up shower uses far less water than a pressure unit. These are fairly easy things to work around.
      I always wish for more speed during any crossing. This is where I feel the J 28 would be a great boat.
    • J. Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 29, 2010
        Sounds like you know your needs....

        Good luck!