J28 Spinnaker Pole

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2009
      Anybody have an extra spinnaker pole for a J28 measuring 10' 6" with a diameter of 2 1/2"?

      The pin on the end fitting of our spinnaker pole is frozen and WD 40 was not able to loosen it up due the apparent internal corrosion.

      If blasting it with heat does not loosen it up it will require drilling out the rivets and putting on a new end fitting.

      As such, I would be interested if anybody (New England area) in the group has an extra spinnaker pole they want to sell even if its not exact size of the J28.

      Phil
    • J. Smith

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
          Phil, If your pole is like mine you an soak the end in wd-40 and tap it open thru the end. I have to do this to my pole twice a year. This winter I'll be taking it apart and fixing it.

          John

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
            Oh, and there is a pin the holds the lock pin in the jaw. Drive that pin out and you can take the lock apart. No need to drill the rivits out and remove the whole jaw assembly.

            John